New Subaru Owner

This is a discussion on New Subaru Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a black 09 WRX wagon the other day for my wife. Wanted something that was fun to drive ...

New Subaru Owner

Just bought a black 09 WRX wagon the other day for my wife. Wanted something that was fun to drive and AWD. The only mods I really want to go with are: chip, intake, exhaust and the wife wants a BOV. Only problem is I'm used to workin with a V8 and I don't know any good websites for the parts that I want. Anyone got some good sites out there I could check out and maybe some advice on what parts to go with? Thanks.

This is the first subaru I have ever owned and I'm definately lovin it!
    Last edited by BLK09WRX; 12-29-2008 at 01:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wink Cobbtuning.com is a good start

Cobb offers a self tuning device called an Accessport for about 700 bucks. On any WRX, I would recommend ECU tuning before any other bult on mods. The device is staged, ie stage 1, stage 2, etc and with the first stage, which is basically for a stock vehicle, you can see hp and tq gains that rival any bolt part alone. Then with every bolt on, just retune the vehicle with the accessport.

This is not the only and/or best ecu tuning device, but its the one i know most about. Vishnu, Turbo XS, and some open source programs. Hope this helps, im new to wrx's too.