new member thinking about 09 wrx wagon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

This is a discussion on new member thinking about 09 wrx wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone. My 2005 chevy colorado lease is up on may 25th. I plan on getting the new 09 wrx ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harrison, NY
    Posts
    67

    new member thinking about 09 wrx wagon

    Hello everyone.
    My 2005 chevy colorado lease is up on may 25th.
    I plan on getting the new 09 wrx wagon premium once the lease is up.
    hopefully i will get a good deal in the months to come and i am now searching this site for ideas and knowledge.
    thanks.
    -john

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User T.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    on a boat...
    Posts
    823
    Welcome to the club and good luck!

    T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

    Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harrison, NY
    Posts
    67

    Thanks

    if you guys got xbox live, heres my gamer tag:
    OG Blanco

    games i play now are gears of war 2, call of duty: world at war, and mortal kombat vs DC universe.

  5. #4
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    997
    I have an 09 premium hatch and love it. Been in it about a month and it's a great car to drive!

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harrison, NY
    Posts
    67
    sickkk.
    if you dont mind me asking, how much are you paying a month with how much you put down.
    i thinking about putting 3-4K down. my final payment on my truck now is 11K so i have money to spend since i wont be paying it off.
    i was at the subi dealer killing time after i picked up my truck from "getting fixed" there, and there was a previous person who put 2.5K down and paying 428 a month. my brother knows someone there in which i found out after the fact, and his friend wants a ford pickup so we will try to get them together (its a ford/subi dealership)
    my truck now is 350 a month. i want to get it for no more that 400 a month which is about a weeks pay for me. hopefully i will get paid more that $10/hr with my BA in Business Administration i just graduated with.

  7. #6
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    997
    well congrats on graduation and good luck with the job search! I traded in my Acura for about 10k, with only that down. My payment is about 515 or so (havent made one yet, starts next month! ) but that's on a 36 month financing plan.. I believe at 4.9%. Took the rest of the money I was planning on putting down and just paid off the motorcycle since that was at 6.9%.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harrison, NY
    Posts
    67
    damn, my brother has a new e350 benz and he is paying just over $500.


    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    well congrats on graduation and good luck with the job search! I traded in my Acura for about 10k, with only that down. My payment is about 515 or so (havent made one yet, starts next month! ) but that's on a 36 month financing plan.. I believe at 4.9%. Took the rest of the money I was planning on putting down and just paid off the motorcycle since that was at 6.9%.

  9. #8
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    997
    Yeah, but what term is the financing on? If he's paying that for brand new on a 36 month also with nothing down, then that's a damn good deal and im buying from THAT dealership from now on

    If you bump the term out to 48 or 60 months then the payments go down pretty quickly. I just didn't want to have to make payments for 5 years, so I figured I'd get it over with ASAP, it stretched the budget a bit, but works out better for me in the long run. The WRX is a great car!

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harrison, NY
    Posts
    67
    yea, hes a cop and that manager at that dealership owed the police chief a favor. its a 2 year lease. after driving that car, you cant get anything less now.
    yea, i hear you, after doing much research at site like car and driver and motortrend, i cant find anything but good reviews. so i think this is the one.
    i could prob get a good deal on the new 370Z but i like this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Yeah, but what term is the financing on? If he's paying that for brand new on a 36 month also with nothing down, then that's a damn good deal and im buying from THAT dealership from now on

    If you bump the term out to 48 or 60 months then the payments go down pretty quickly. I just didn't want to have to make payments for 5 years, so I figured I'd get it over with ASAP, it stretched the budget a bit, but works out better for me in the long run. The WRX is a great car!

  11. #10
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    997
    Ohhhh it's a lease. That makes sense now!

    Really the only problems I've got are the stock tail lights are little weird looking (color-wise), and the buzzing in the door speakers. Both easy fixes.

    The 370z looks awesome, but RWD and two doors is impractical for me. I was told Subaru AWD can't be beat for snow, and I'm finally learning that first-hand.

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harrison, NY
    Posts
    67
    what do you mean buzzing in the doors?
    what did you do to fix it, dynamat it?

    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Ohhhh it's a lease. That makes sense now!

    Really the only problems I've got are the stock tail lights are little weird looking (color-wise), and the buzzing in the door speakers. Both easy fixes.

    The 370z looks awesome, but RWD and two doors is impractical for me. I was told Subaru AWD can't be beat for snow, and I'm finally learning that first-hand.

  13. #12
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCroat View Post
    what do you mean buzzing in the doors?
    what did you do to fix it, dynamat it?
    Haha, sort of. Used Styrofoam packing peanuts but that was a prototype solution, Dynamat or something similar will be used in the rest of the doors.

    Check out my thread from the Interior board.

    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...-2009-wrx.html

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harrison, NY
    Posts
    67
    well it looks like that is going to be my first mod since i have two 10" rockford fosgate p3's in a bandpass box powered by the bd1000-1 amp. thanks, i appreciate your help. i just hope i dont break some clips when i take the door off. i had that problem when i was taking off door panels to a lexus gs 300 when i parted it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Haha, sort of. Used Styrofoam packing peanuts but that was a prototype solution, Dynamat or something similar will be used in the rest of the doors.

    Check out my thread from the Interior board.

    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interi...-2009-wrx.html

  15. #14
    Registered User elwray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    997
    You can check out this, jcaputo gave me the info on getting the door trim off.

    getting to the door speakers in a 2009??

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Harrison, NY
    Posts
    67
    sweet nectar. thanks.

    now im going to look if anyone makes a rubber mat like husky for the back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •