new member thinking about 09 wrx wagon - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on new member thinking about 09 wrx wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by JohnnieCroat Hello everyone. My 2005 chevy colorado lease is up on may 25th. I plan on getting ...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCroat View Post
    Hello everyone.
    My 2005 chevy colorado lease is up on may 25th.
    I plan on getting the new 09 wrx wagon premium once the lease is up.
    hopefully i will get a good deal in the months to come and i am now searching this site for ideas and knowledge.
    thanks.
    -john
    love my 09, the avatar pic is from the middle of nowhere after 15 miles of snow and ice going balls out, fantastic!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mwake1 View Post
    love my 09, the avatar pic is from the middle of nowhere after 15 miles of snow and ice going balls out, fantastic!
    stock or winter tires???

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    stock or winter tires???
    Winter tires fro sure. Blizzaks lm-25's, love em, on dry they are not too bad as well.

I had a post a couple weeks ago titles 'help! slid into a curb', that's before I puton the blizzaks and had no traction down an icy hill, $1000 later....

ah okay. I'm still looking into a winter package, we don't get a LOT of snow here in NJ and what we do get doesn't stick around for long, but I don't want to take any chances. I'm taking a trip to Syracuse NY for new years so I'll see how the stockers are in snow ...

ah okay. I'm still looking into a winter package, we don't get a LOT of snow here in NJ and what we do get doesn't stick around for long, but I don't want to take any chances. I'm taking a trip to Syracuse NY for new years so I'll see how the stockers are in snow ...
    How long have you lived in NJ, cause you say that it doesnt snow there much and what is there doesnt stay long. You must be from down south, cause up north snow is a plenty and depending on the temp the few days after it can stick around for some time. Vernon Valley area, there is a reason they have Ski Resorts there. In fact there are two within 5 miles from each other. Well it really doesnt matter what kind of tire you have in the snow it actually depends more on the driver and the vehicle. Subaru's AWD helps out 100% but anyone can lose it if they dont know what they are doing in the snow, to fast, to much brakes, to much counter stear (spelling) but good luck with your trip. It takes some getting used to. Have a safe trip, and a great new years.

Quote Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
    How long have you lived in NJ, cause you say that it doesnt snow there much and what is there doesnt stay long. You must be from down south, cause up north snow is a plenty and depending on the temp the few days after it can stick around for some time. Vernon Valley area, there is a reason they have Ski Resorts there. In fact there are two within 5 miles from each other. Well it really doesnt matter what kind of tire you have in the snow it actually depends more on the driver and the vehicle. Subaru's AWD helps out 100% but anyone can lose it if they dont know what they are doing in the snow, to fast, to much brakes, to much counter stear (spelling) but good luck with your trip. It takes some getting used to. Have a safe trip, and a great new years.
    I'm from central - middlesex county. I'm with you 100% on the snow thing, if I drive 20 minutes up the parkway there is snow on the ground just about all the time in the winter. It's off the roads in a day around here for the most part!

I've spent many many ski trips up at Mtn Creek

I'm from central - middlesex county. I'm with you 100% on the snow thing, if I drive 20 minutes up the parkway there is snow on the ground just about all the time in the winter. It's off the roads in a day around here for the most part!

I've spent many many ski trips up at Mtn Creek

Hells Yeah, thats my home Mt. havent been there in a few years though since moving down here to SUNNY FLORIDA!!!!

aahhh, 'cuse.
    im heading up to my alma mater (sp?) at plattsburgh, ny. i hear its going to be crappy.
    but i think i will get cheap-o rims and some studded snow tires.

Quote Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
    gonna have to disagree with you there, the right tires in the snow can be hugely important. Maybe not so much if everything is relatively flat, but out here in Utah we have some pretty good hills. My problem was the stocks were doing fine with the AWD, so I lazed about putting on the snow tires, but the stocks were useless when I found myself going down a short steep curve with ice and a half inch of snow on top, the stocks had zero traction. It was a slow speed slide, ABS was useless in that situation. After I put on the winter tires, it was like a whole different car. I am not a fan of studs, but I love me some blizzaks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.