08 or 09 WRX factory Rack

This is a discussion on 08 or 09 WRX factory Rack within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; anyone have the factory rack for an 08 or 09? I was going to use my 20% coupon to get ...

08 or 09 WRX factory Rack

anyone have the factory rack for an 08 or 09?

I was going to use my 20% coupon to get one, but I was told they are really noisy. Anyone notice it or is it just like any other rack?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    probably just as noisy as any other rack. My guess as to why they are more noticeable on the new body style is the improved cabin noise reduction. The old chassis was known for being rather loud inside.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

im getting mine this spring. I work at a dealer so i can get it for cost. Just say you work at a dealer and you will get it so much cheaper. Its 350 for the rack and the snowboard attachment for me

Can you get a fairing for the factory rack? I have a Yakima rack and the fairing helps considerably to reduce the noise.

I have one, it is ridiculously noisy. The vibration is so loud and pronounced, that it sounds like it may damage the roof, or the rack may come off or something. It is awful.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2008 STI Stealth Package (Dark Gray Metallic, Non-BBS)

I just put the rack on my 2008 STI. You hear the wind noise above 60 and gets worse at 80+. I wonder if the car will go airborne...LOL I must say that these cars do not have much sound suppression. What this car needs is moore dynomat or something like this product to help. I will eventually do this on the floor. I also thought about removing it when I am not using it. Let me know what you all think.