2008 WRX Owner - New to ClubWRX

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Owner - New to ClubWRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello All, Let me start by saying I'm new to ClubWRX. When I first got my 08 Impreza WRX I ...

2008 WRX Owner - New to ClubWRX

Hello All, Let me start by saying I'm new to ClubWRX. When I first got my 08 Impreza WRX I joined i-club but its a pretty dead forum, I've been lookin around here and there seems to be more input and discussions on here so I can't wait to gab with y'all.

I bought my 08 Impreza WRX 11/15/07, that was the day I picked it up from the dealer. I've enjoyed all 12,680 miles I have on the car so far. I have almost everything except for navi (was told navi doesn't come in the A/T model). I have the lip kit, spoiler, salesguy was a young dood - he threw in the autodimming mirror with compass for me and the mesh grill.

I know all about the 09's and their 265hp, who gives right? cause at the end of the day we all mod our cars. I know I love my 08' and enjoy telling people I've had an 08' since 11/07 WAY BEFORE people knew Subaru changed the body on the WRX and to me that's priceless.

I've purchased the SPT Catback Exhaust, the STi pink coil springs and foglight lens protectors so far, I've been checking out Perrin's website and I think my income tax money will go to the up-pipe, downpipe (front and rear), headers, and turbo inlet hose. I'll get the AcessPort later since I wanna install everything in my car all at once.

Glad to meet everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    I've purchased the SPT Catback Exhaust, the STi pink coil springs and foglight lens protectors so far, I've been checking out Perrin's website and I think my income tax money will go to the up-pipe, downpipe (front and rear), headers, and turbo inlet hose. I'll get the AcessPort later since I wanna install everything in my car all at once.

Glad to meet everyone!
    first welcome to the club.

but as for buying ap last, its not a good choice. after you put those parts on your going to need a tune asap.

IMO an opensource tune would be better and save you some cash.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Thanks!

As far as putting the parts on, I'm not going to until I have the AP. I know I will damage my car if i put those things on without tuning.

As far as opensource goes not to familiar with that, but the salesman who sold my car to me is a young dood also the manager there is modded as well, they told me when i'm ready for tuning to check them.

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    first welcome to the club.

but as for buying ap last, its not a good choice. after you put those parts on your going to need a tune asap.

IMO an opensource tune would be better and save you some cash.

opensource is a custom tune, its not like ap with the ots maps.IMO i like it better then a protune.

check these sites out.

RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | RomRaider / Rom Raider
    Main Page - OpenECU
    Open Source ECU ROMS
    tactrix

another good person to ask if your intersted is testes1010 i know he does this himself.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Thanks, I'll look into those sites. Much love on these forums, its much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    opensource is a custom tune, its not like ap with the ots maps.IMO i like it better then a protune.

check these sites out.

RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | RomRaider / Rom Raider
    Main Page - OpenECU
    Open Source ECU ROMS
    tactrix

another good person to ask if your intersted is testes1010 i know he does this himself.