2008 WRX Exhausts
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX Exhausts within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum but have had my WRX for about a month now. My buddy just ...

Registered User ElectricBlueWRX's Avatar

Unhappy 2008 WRX Exhausts

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum but have had my WRX for about a month now. My buddy just bought a S2000 and wants to race, but I told him once I put on an exhaust system I would...but I am stuck on the exhaust to get... I have looked at the AVO exhaust and the Ultimate-Racing exhaust. Both are catback systems. Does anyone have any comments on either of these two systems, let me know. And also if you know of a place to get a carbon fiber hood for decent price, that would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks for all the help in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2008 WRX Exhausts

I purchased the SPT catback exhaust when it first came out at the intro price of 330 bucks, I leased my car so I wanted to stay within my warranty.

I was told by the dealer I should see around 15hp/12tq, I haven't installed it yet, but I do go in the basement and hang out with it

Registered User ElectricBlueWRX's Avatar
    i was also trying to look at the undercarriage of the sti and wrx and see if the exhaust were run the same way. It looks as if they are run the same way. Do you know if this is true?

2008 WRX Exhausts

I think the exhaust are ran the same way for the 5dr WRX and the STi, the sedan is different from what I see in the Subaru Performance Magazine, but I'd wait for someone with a bit more knowledge to chime in.

catbacks are pretty much all the same, no one catback is greatly different from another. the difference comes with material used to make it the quality and the price of course. you wont see any major difference in performance from one cb to another.

i would suggest if you want to make decent power get a downpipe as well and get a good opensource tune.

and what was said before about the using the spt to not void warranty isnt completley true. no cb system will void your warranty. and the only way a performance part will void your warranty is if it is the cause of the problem that you are trying to get fixed by the stealership.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.