New 06 Wrx Owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 06 Wrx Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i did it. i went and bought a a Subaru. almost 7K less then what the pontiac stealership wanted. ...

New 06 Wrx Owner (Pictures)

Well i did it. i went and bought a a Subaru. almost 7K less then what the pontiac stealership wanted. but i fell kinda retarded about one thing. i know it has some mods done. i know it is not the stock exhaust, but that is about all i know. but other then that i dont know what else has been done to it. anyone know an easy way for me to find out whats been done to it? my cameras dead but im looking for the charger as soon as i get it ill post some pics of it.

ok got my camera working.

here she is...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0602.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	81460

and heres the engine...

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	81462

and here are my tires up close there 18" thats about all i know...

Name:	IMG_0599.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	81464

and heres the front bumper. and the reason im posting this one is cause i dont know whats supposed to go in that hole on the right side of the bumper.

Name:	IMG_0612.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	81463
    Last edited by Rtm2006; 12-14-2008 at 09:06 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok so you have an aftermarket exhaust. i cant see your heatshield by the downpipe so im gueesing you have an aftermarket dp. and you have a hks bov which you need to take of and get the stock one back on.

as for that whole there is a piece of your bumper missing, its a square just that size the snaps right back in that place.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

welcome and congrats. that thing looks sweet

sweet ride! those rims look nice.

slight window tint maybe? they look a little darker then stock but the sky is also dark, so idk

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    ok so you have an aftermarket exhaust. i cant see your heatshield by the downpipe so im gueesing you have an aftermarket dp. and you have a hks bov which you need to take of and get the stock one back on.

as for that whole there is a piece of your bumper missing, its a square just that size the snaps right back in that place.
    ok after a little but of research i think i kinda understand what your talking about. the HKS BOV is the blow off valve..and if im putting 2 and 2 together correctly its what causes the "Hissing" when i let off the throttle. why do i need to put the stock one on? and about how much do these cost?

also if any more pictures would help identify after market parts please tell me. i fixed my camera so they shouldnt be soo hazy next time.

You don't HAVE to change that BOV. Especially if it does have a downpipe it was probably tuned for it. The hissing is what it's supposed to do and that's why it was put on. For the sound. Not my bag, I don't use one. But I do enjoy the annoying sound. (My drummer has a old bicycle honk horn hooked up to his Supra)

The hole in the bumper is for a tow bar.

And it looks like you have upgraded brakes, which is a very good thing.

How many miles? Did you get a Carfax report?
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

it has 33k on it and i dont have a carfax yet. it only had one PO and he left all of his insurance cards in it. im gonna send a letter to him and see what he can tell me about the card but i hate snail mail.

i also found some unidentified objects in the glove box if anyone knows what they are and could tell me that be great. i think the jar is paint but im not sure.

Name:	IMG_0615[1].JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	81468

Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post
    You don't HAVE to change that BOV. Especially if it does have a downpipe it was probably tuned for it. The hole in the bumper is for a tow bar.

And it looks like you have upgraded brakes, which is a very good thing.
    if the person before him did put a BOV on then i bet it wasnt tuned. while your right you do not have to change it, but the stocker is good up to 20 psi. aftermarket bovs not tuned make you run rich in between shifts. not anything to really worry about but its just a fact.

and no thoose are not upgraded brakes they come stock on the 06-07 wrx's.

IMO go get the car tuned.
    Last edited by NjBuGeyEdWRX; 12-14-2008 at 02:04 PM.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

is there a way to tell if its running rich just from the way its running or is that something a shop would have to tell me?

now i have to find a shop in tucson AZ that can tune it for me and not charge an arm and a leg

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    and no thoose are not upgraded brakes they come stock on the 07-07 wrx's.
    good to know

That is a lugnut adapter tool for your wheels and aftermarket shifter bushings. I have no idea what the bottle is.

AFR gauge. or going to the shop will tell you. heres some stuff you should read since you new to subaru's.

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

also read the stickys on this site as well.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

off to reading...for the next few days lol

thanks!

^^^
    +1

I Support ClubWRX
    You can probably purchase a used BPV for less than you can sell the HKS BOV for - if you like the sound, keep it. It will not make your vehicle blow up, but just make sure the spring is set correctly.

Your best bet would be to find a local owner with a tactrix cable who could pull your ECU ROM to tell you if it's OEM or not. If it's not stock, and you have an aftermarket DP (get under the car and look for two catalytic converters to determine this), you'll want to get it tuned ASAP.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

let me get this straight.

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    You can probably purchase a used BPV for less than you can sell the HKS BOV for - if you like the sound, keep it. It will not make your vehicle blow up, but just make sure the spring is set correctly.

Your best bet would be to find a local owner with a tactrix cable who could pull your ECU ROM to tell you if it's OEM or not. If it's not stock, and you have an aftermarket DP (get under the car and look for two catalytic converters to determine this), you'll want to get it tuned ASAP.
    ok so let me get this straight. if i have an after market downpipe and the aftermarket BOV and a non stock ecu rom then i need to go get it tuned. but if i have the oem ecu rom im ok?

now i need to find someone here with one of thoose cables and go see what they can tell me
    Last edited by Rtm2006; 12-14-2008 at 03:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.