watz up guys!

This is a discussion on watz up guys! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, my name is jhonny and i own an 07 sti, so far i have a short shifter and ...

watz up guys!

hey guys, my name is jhonny and i own an 07 sti, so far i have a short shifter and intake. in 2 weeks im gonna get cobb stage 1 and 2, but i also want to get a blow-off valve and i just wanted to know if u guys recommend me to get one and which one its the best.? also at the moment im stock, but i want to get close to 400 whp, wat else should i do to it besides cobb stage 1 and 2 (340-360 whp)knowing that its a daily drive.
    by the way i live in miami; so if anyone lives around just let me know so we can hang out one of these days.
    Last edited by jho-07sti; 12-13-2008 at 07:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome man, i think with a aftermarket blow off valve you lose PSI's. I have heard that stock BOV is good for 22psi

Quote Originally Posted by DavC825 View Post
    Welcome man, i think with a aftermarket blow off valve you lose PSI's. I have heard that stock BOV is good for 22psi
    It is actually a BPV (Bypass Valve) and you are right...it is good to about 22 psi...

no need for a BOV or a Show off valve

will most likely cause problems
    San Remo Alliance............#001

"The imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man." Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by laruffa View Post
    It is actually a BPV (Bypass Valve) and you are right...it is good to about 22 psi...

no need for a BOV or a Show off valve

will most likely cause problems
    A bypass valve? You usually hear about those on VW'S

Quote Originally Posted by DavC825 View Post
    yes the stock bpv is good up to 20 psi i know that, but havent heard anything about 22psi. but with an aftermarket bov you dont lose psi you just run rich between shifts. its not an ideal situation but no your car will not blow up if you put one on. you want a recirculating bov if anything.

read this.
    Blow Off Valve FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Install a TBE. Goto a reliable local tuner and get an open source protune. That should do you over until the turbo swapping days come.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2