2 weeks in my 02
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2 weeks in my 02 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cliffs: New Bugeye owner. driver's seat doesn't move, "rally" lights don't come on. Looking for suggestions for new owner maintanence ...

Talking 2 weeks in my 02

Cliffs: New Bugeye owner. driver's seat doesn't move, "rally" lights don't come on. Looking for suggestions for new owner maintanence & DIY low cost mods.

Hi everyone I picked up an 02 WRX (MBP) sedan about two weeks ago. It's been awhile since i've had any car at all let alone one of my all time fav cars and so much tuning potential. My car is all stock and has 60k on it. I've already put about 2k on it running back n forth up to VT from NYC to go snowboarding, gotten one speeding, one parking ticket, and ended up getting her towed out of a ditch after trying to slide it out of a parking lot in the snow.

So far the car has been awesome but my driver's seat doesn't move, the lever on the right side that allows the seat to slide back and forth moves but the seat itself is stuck any suggestions?

Also I don't know how to turn on (or maybe they don't work) my lower lights (the big round rally style ones not sure the right name for them) I think the button to the left of the cruise control is supposed to turn them on but it does nothing.

Over christmas Holiday I want to do some work on the car. So any suggestions for the above repairs and also things that I should check/replace would be great. Any general maintanence tips or low cost mods would be nice.

I plan to koji and tint my headlights, tint the sidemarkers and tails, paint the wheels, front logo and brake calipers, shave trunk emblems, change the oil, timing belt, maybe plugs n wires, air filter. I'm thinking I may flush/replace some fluids also which ones should I and what brand/type should I be putting in?
    Last edited by mindovaanything; 12-11-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: cliffs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User streetfighterkz's Avatar
    Congrats on your purchase. I just bought an '03 w/ 87K on Friday. I'm new to all this myself but I've had probems with stuck seats in other vehicles and it can sometimes be as simple as a coin stuck in the seat rail that wedges itself when you try to move forward.

Do you hear a clicking sound when you hit the fog light button? I think they are controlled by a relay and relays do go bad.

Don't know if any of this will help you but it's all I have to offer.
    Good luck with the car.

Later, Doug

Check the button on top of the steering collum should be right in the middle that should turn on the fogs.
    Wingl3ss @lliance #25

Registered User streetfighterkz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LC02WRX View Post
    Check the button on top of the steering collum should be right in the middle that should turn on the fogs.
    I thought that button was for the "parking" lights in the headlight assembly?

Later, Doug

Not sure, thats what turns my fogs on tho
    Wingl3ss @lliance #25

the button on my steering column turns on the parking lights in my car
    Last edited by mindovaanything; 12-11-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mindovaanything View Post
    the button on my steering column turns on the parking lights in my car
    They all do, IMO a pretty stupid design, sometimes when your cleaning the steering column make sure you dont turn the parking lights on and not realize it. Its a pretty pointless button in a pretty pointless spot.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Registered User jessie_james_06's Avatar
    yeah i know what you mean man i have the same problem with my fog lights i dont know what the deak is i am going to re wire them though and as far as the seat thing check and see if it is of track my buddies did the sam and hs was off track but good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mindovaanything View Post
    Cliffs: New Bugeye owner. driver's seat doesn't move, "rally" lights don't come on. Looking for suggestions for new owner maintanence & DIY low cost mods.

Hi everyone I picked up an 02 WRX (MBP) sedan about two weeks ago. It's been awhile since i've had any car at all let alone one of my all time fav cars and so much tuning potential. My car is all stock and has 60k on it. I've already put about 2k on it running back n forth up to VT from NYC to go snowboarding, gotten one speeding, one parking ticket, and ended up getting her towed out of a ditch after trying to slide it out of a parking lot in the snow.

So far the car has been awesome but my driver's seat doesn't move, the lever on the right side that allows the seat to slide back and forth moves but the seat itself is stuck any suggestions?

Also I don't know how to turn on (or maybe they don't work) my lower lights (the big round rally style ones not sure the right name for them) I think the button to the left of the cruise control is supposed to turn them on but it does nothing.

Over christmas Holiday I want to do some work on the car. So any suggestions for the above repairs and also things that I should check/replace would be great. Any general maintanence tips or low cost mods would be nice.

I plan to koji and tint my headlights, tint the sidemarkers and tails, paint the wheels, front logo and brake calipers, shave trunk emblems, change the oil, timing belt, maybe plugs n wires, air filter. I'm thinking I may flush/replace some fluids also which ones should I and what brand/type should I be putting in?

pics!!

also, congrats!! i'm jealous.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.