02 wagon with 4 cylinder misfire please help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 wagon with 4 cylinder misfire please help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up people?? I need help. My 02 wrx wagon has all 4 cylinders misfire. any suggestions on what I ...

02 wagon with 4 cylinder misfire please help

Whats up people?? I need help. My 02 wrx wagon has all 4 cylinders misfire. any suggestions on what I can do to get it taken care of??? The only thing I can think of was the gas light was on and with the damn snow storm I drove it about 6 miles and it started jerking and sputtering. Thinking it was a gas issue and nothing more I got the gas and still have the same issue. Check engine light flashes on and off. Car shuts off randomly and the exhaust smells funny. Its garaged now. Don't want to risk any damage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Only mods are a blow off valve and boost gauge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How long was gas light on for? Doubt it's vapor lock. When was the last time you checked the spark plugs or the spark plug wires? could be a place to start, may need to be replaced. What CEL code flashed?
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

gas light was on for about 6 miles. when i left the job. it was about 25 degress and snowing. It also went thru 6 gallons of gas in about 25 miles. Its dumping fuel. codes P301-P304 I think . I remember it was misfiring on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ05 View Post
    How long was gas light on for? Doubt it's vapor lock. When was the last time you checked the spark plugs or the spark plug wires? could be a place to start, may need to be replaced. What CEL code flashed?
    +1

I'd check your spark plugs first. Do you know the last time they were replaced?
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

No don't know the last time they were changed. I guess I'm just in a panic and ready to take it to the shop. But will get raped on the price. Just don't have time for headaches. I have a boosted 01 civic in the garage with nothing but problems. thats why i bought the wagon. Nice car, but I want to increase the horsey's, cause my civic is still faster only boosting 5.5psi on a stock motor but of course its light as sh*t and front wheel drive.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.