?s about 05 4eat sedan - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 73 of 73

This is a discussion on ?s about 05 4eat sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 4eat_Newbie Good day today!!! PrecisionTuning finally got back to me and I ordered all my parts!! Here's ...

  1. #61
    Registered User wrx0131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eat_Newbie View Post
    Good day today!!!
    PrecisionTuning finally got back to me and I ordered all my parts!!

    Here's what PT had to say:

    "Sorry for the delay. You do not come off as pushy at all. We should have gotten back to you sooner. Labor would be $997.50 plus tax and the open source tune would be an additional $400. This is assuming you have all the gaskets and the proper tubing for you trans cooler. Have you upgraded the torque convertor and the valve body? Also, are you planning on using the stock blow off valve or do you have a different one?"

    I pretty sure I am going to go with them since their quote is $1397.50 + tax which is MUCH better than the quote I got from TurboTrix ($1810).

    I did reply to them with a few simple questions:
    Do they guarantee their work?
    Do they dyno tune the car?
    Does the $400 include the dyno runs?
    etc.

    Now I wait again
    wow thats a really good price for all that labor

    Im pretty sure they dynotune their cars ive seen videos of them on youtube, and when they tune your car they do tell you how much whp/wtq it puts out and they print out a sheet.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Registered User 4eat_Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    wow thats a really good price for all that labor

    Im pretty sure they dynotune their cars ive seen videos of them on youtube, and when they tune your car they do tell you how much whp/wtq it puts out and they print out a sheet.
    Glad to here it!!

    Here's the latest reply from them:

    "We do not support Ecutek. I am not a fan of the way they lock the ECU, I don't see that as being a fair business practice. Ecutek locks you into Ecutek only tuners. We tune open source, Accessport, utec, Hydra, and a few other non Subaru platforms.

    The car is tuned on the dyno and then finished off on the road.

    Yes we guarantee our work. I can't assure you your exhaust wont fall of the car, but I can assure you it will not be install related. When someone supplies their own parts, it takes me out of the loop for part warranties unfortunately. The parts you have chosen all seem credible though, so I doubt you will have any issues.

    Tuning presents a risk always. It I possible to have a transmission or engine failure during tuning. Knock on wood, we have never had an engine let go on the Dyno, but when you are pushing a non-built engine beyond its intended limits, failures can happen.

    The stock blow off valve is fine, I was hoping that you were going to stay with the factory valve."

    Now I'm 100% sure they're my tuner!!!!

  4. #63
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,671
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eat_Newbie
    Glad to here it!!

    Here's the latest reply from them:

    "We do not support Ecutek. I am not a fan of the way they lock the ECU, I don't see that as being a fair business practice. Ecutek locks you into Ecutek only tuners. We tune open source, Accessport, utec, Hydra, and a few other non Subaru platforms.

    The car is tuned on the dyno and then finished off on the road.

    Yes we guarantee our work. I can't assure you your exhaust wont fall of the car, but I can assure you it will not be install related. When someone supplies their own parts, it takes me out of the loop for part warranties unfortunately. The parts you have chosen all seem credible though, so I doubt you will have any issues.

    Tuning presents a risk always. It I possible to have a transmission or engine failure during tuning. Knock on wood, we have never had an engine let go on the Dyno, but when you are pushing a non-built engine beyond its intended limits, failures can happen.

    The stock blow off valve is fine, I was hoping that you were going to stay with the factory valve."

    Now I'm 100% sure they're my tuner!!!!
    Everything I've heard about PT has been fantastic - let us know when you get it running.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  5. #64
    Registered User Micah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ocean Grove, NJ
    Posts
    4,142
    I'm glad to hear you've decided to use precision tuning.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

  6. #65
    Registered User 4eat_Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I'm glad to hear you've decided to use precision tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Everything I've heard about PT has been fantastic - let us know when you get it running.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    wow thats a really good price for all that labor

    Im pretty sure they dynotune their cars ive seen videos of them on youtube, and when they tune your car they do tell you how much whp/wtq it puts out and they print out a sheet.
    Next time you hear from me I will be posting the pics and vids from the install!!!!

  7. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    Avoid the ECUtek for the reason the other tuner provided.

    Skip the intake elbow as well and get an cold air intake. I know the monkeys on this forums say otherwise (they have an undying hard on for elbow deletes and dislike of intakes), but you DO need an intake for a set up with as much power as you're gonna make. The stock intake is going to be a limitation at that power level.

    I'm not a local to that area, but I know I've read a dozen threads about how shady Turbotrix is. I'd take it somewhere else.

    As for your original goal of beating STIs and Zs, a well driven stage 2 (exhaust and tune) manual WRX will do both, but I'm not sure about an automatic one. A used VF39 will get you to your goal cheaper.
    Last edited by brfatal; 11-28-2008 at 11:49 AM.

  8. #67
    Registered User 4eat_Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Avoid the ECUtek for the reason the other tuner provided.

    Skip the intake elbow as well and get an cold air intake. I know the monkeys on this forums say otherwise (they have an undying hard on for elbow deletes and dislike of intakes), but you DO need an intake for a set up with as much power as you're gonna make. The stock intake is going to be a limitation at that power level.

    I'm not a local to that area, but I know I've read a dozen threads about how shady Turbotrix is. I'd take it somewhere else.

    As for your original goal of beating STIs and Zs, a well driven stage 2 (exhaust and tune) manual WRX will do both, but I'm not sure about an automatic one. A used VF39 will get you to your goal cheaper.
    Thanks for the heads up and tip brfatal, I will not be taking my car to TurboTrix. as for the cold air intake, unfortunately, I have already order the parts, if the elbow and Resonator Box Removal don't do the trick I will definitely get a cold air intake.

  9. #68
    Registered User 4eat_Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    126

    Update

    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Avoid the ECUtek for the reason the other tuner provided.

    Skip the intake elbow as well and get an cold air intake. I know the monkeys on this forums say otherwise (they have an undying hard on for elbow deletes and dislike of intakes), but you DO need an intake for a set up with as much power as you're gonna make. The stock intake is going to be a limitation at that power level.

    I'm not a local to that area, but I know I've read a dozen threads about how shady Turbotrix is. I'd take it somewhere else.

    As for your original goal of beating STIs and Zs, a well driven stage 2 (exhaust and tune) manual WRX will do both, but I'm not sure about an automatic one. A used VF39 will get you to your goal cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I'm glad to hear you've decided to use precision tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Everything I've heard about PT has been fantastic - let us know when you get it running.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    wow thats a really good price for all that labor

    Im pretty sure they dynotune their cars ive seen videos of them on youtube, and when they tune your car they do tell you how much whp/wtq it puts out and they print out a sheet.
    Got everything in today!!
    Going to PT tomorrow to drop everything off....Rich said the dyno is all booked on Sat so I might have to wait till next weekend to get the dyno done (only cause I wanna be there to get some vid).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00280.jpg  

  10. #69
    Registered User wrx0131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eat_Newbie View Post
    Got everything in today!!
    Going to PT tomorrow to drop everything off....Rich said the dyno is all booked on Sat so I might have to wait till next weekend to get the dyno done (only cause I wanna be there to get some vid).
    beautiful.....stage 4 in the making

  11. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    681
    Very nice!

    Make sure you get your car as ready as possible to dyno. They should have a checklist. It will include such things as make sure nothing is leaking. Fresh oil.

    Im jealous! And rather interested to hear your thoughts on the first gear turbo lag you'll have.

    Definitely take videos!!!

  12. #71
    Registered User wrx0131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    Very nice!

    Make sure you get your car as ready as possible to dyno. They should have a checklist. It will include such things as make sure nothing is leaking. Fresh oil.

    Im jealous! And rather interested to hear your thoughts on the first gear turbo lag you'll have.

    Definitely take videos!!!
    ill tell you lol......the first gear lag is a b****, but once the turbo kicks in at like 4rpms it pulls you back into the seat....but it sucks for me because i have the sti short gears so i have to shift really quick

  13. #72
    Registered User SuBiEklD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Strict Emissions Law, California
    Posts
    473
    damn! i'm really jealous. i've been buying parts for almost a year for my stage 4. congratz on your purchases and good luck! i wanna see some numbers!!
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

  14. #73
    Registered User 4eat_Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    beautiful.....stage 4 in the making
    Thanks man, no idea how freaking psyched I am

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    Very nice!

    Make sure you get your car as ready as possible to dyno. They should have a checklist. It will include such things as make sure nothing is leaking. Fresh oil.

    Im jealous! And rather interested to hear your thoughts on the first gear turbo lag you'll have.

    Definitely take videos!!!
    I had a local mechanic check for leaks this past weekend and the car just got an oil change not too long ago……hopefully everything is ready t’go!

    I’ll post the vid the minute I get home from the dyno….hopes aren’t to high for the numbers though, it is a 4eat after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuBiEklD View Post
    damn! i'm really jealous. i've been buying parts for almost a year for my stage 4. congratz on your purchases and good luck! i wanna see some numbers!!
    I'll post the dyno sheet and vid as soon as I get them in my hands....and no worries man, at least you'll get your parts sooner or later…probably with better numbers than what I’m gonna put up if you have a manual.
    I’ll be happy so long as I can hang with stock STI’s and kick the cr@p outta my wife’s 350Z!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •