SCOOOBy dooo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SCOOOBy dooo within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i bought this sickkk 04 wrx this week. IT is modded kind of heavily, i think the last owner ...

SCOOOBy dooo

so i bought this sickkk 04 wrx this week. IT is modded kind of heavily, i think the last owner put at leas 5gs into it. I bought it for 8 an was planning on selling it to get an evo.. What do you guys think i should do, sell it and get an evo or keep it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What mods are on the car?
    Any Engine Management?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

uhhh... ok.
    its got. full catback, blow off valve, headers, cold air intake, its wired for nos, stage 2 clutch, short shift, and a drop kit, there is a little more to the engine but those were only the few that i saw and the dealership told me about the clutch

oh and i think it has an upgraded manifold too.

get rid of the BOV, get rid of the CAI, and get the engine tuned

links in sig for you
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

alright thanks yea i was thinking about taking off the bov but wasn't sure. i want to go take it to some tuning shop to see if he blew a shot of nos throught it because that would be a major bummer if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by xxchaos View Post
    alright thanks yea i was thinking about taking off the bov but wasn't sure. i want to go take it to some tuning shop to see if he blew a shot of nos throught it because that would be a major bummer if he did.
    Nitrous does not mean it will be dead, though it certainly does increase the chance for damage. If the car was tuned to run with it, then it might be fine.

Have them perform a compression test.

Actually done right NOS can keep an engine sparkly clean and healthy inside!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantastic View Post
    Actually done right NOS can keep an engine sparkly clean and healthy inside!!!
    There's been days when i seriously contemplate installing a second fuel pump, lines, and running a 25-50 wet shot. Then i think, "well i'm gonna have to retard the timing significantly, and run less boost, so maybe i wont actually gain that much." Im far from knowledgeable about tuning for NOS however. So maybe it could be done safely. On the stock turbo? Who knows...

NOS is like crack. Great stimulus. But you get hooked and eventually leads to a downfall.
    Car has a great power adder. I'd drop the NOS.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xxchaos
    uhhh... ok.
    its got. full catback, blow off valve, headers, cold air intake, its wired for nos, stage 2 clutch, short shift, and a drop kit, there is a little more to the engine but those were only the few that i saw and the dealership told me about the clutch

oh and i think it has an upgraded manifold too.
    If it's the car in your avatar, FMIC ...

Are you sure it's wired for nitrous instead of meth/alcohol?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.