Sup everyone?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

This is a discussion on Sup everyone? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, new to the forum as well as the Subaru family. Just bought my first car last week, and it's ...

  1. #1
    Registered User NorCalBa11er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3

    Sup everyone?

    Hi, new to the forum as well as the Subaru family. Just bought my first car last week, and it's an 03 WRX, and I'm lovin it.

    Everything is pretty much stock, not sure what I want to do to it (if anything) yet, any suggestions?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Markorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    10
    I guess you can start with the boxer sound!!

    I'm new too but welcome!!

  4. #3
    Registered User Crb03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    southern cali
    Posts
    1,517
    Welcome
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

    "If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

  5. #4
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,783
    I Support ClubWRX
    oo i love sedona red pearl.

    congrats and welcome

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  6. #5
    Registered User KingDustin007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Peoria, Arizona
    Posts
    298
    I started with some little stuff, tinting and new speakers. But for performance I would go TBE, up pipe, and tune
    King Dustin
    Bugeye Mafia # 195
    Cobb Stage 2
    2002 PSM WRX

    "
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back. "

  7. #6
    Registered User 08WRXME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, Maine
    Posts
    230
    +1 on the TBE and tune if you can afford it. If not, I personally would go with some exterior mods. I know most people think is a waste of money and just want to go fast, but I like my car to stand out from the thousands of others on the road! lucky for you the aftermarket is well established for your car due to its age. Good luck and keep the pics coming as you mod!!

  8. #7
    Registered User NorCalBa11er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 08WRXME View Post
    +1 on the TBE and tune if you can afford it. If not, I personally would go with some exterior mods. I know most people think is a waste of money and just want to go fast, but I like my car to stand out from the thousands of others on the road! lucky for you the aftermarket is well established for your car due to its age. Good luck and keep the pics coming as you mod!!
    I just want to go fast, lol(not entirely true). since i live in sunny SoCal now, i'm def. getting the front tinted too. How bout a new suspension? I love taking hard corners fast.

  9. #8
    Registered User Crb03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    southern cali
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBa11er View Post
    I just want to go fast, lol(not entirely true). since i live in sunny SoCal now, i'm def. getting the front tinted too. How bout a new suspension? I love taking hard corners fast.
    Front tinted windows will only get you a ticket in SoCal. Check out Garage Tuning they're a good performance shop in Southern cali.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

    "If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

  10. #9
    Registered User 08WRXME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, Maine
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBa11er View Post
    I just want to go fast, lol(not entirely true). since i live in sunny SoCal now, i'm def. getting the front tinted too. How bout a new suspension? I love taking hard corners fast.
    I am sure there are suspensions out there. I would check Cobb, I know they have one for the new WRXs, but not too sure about older models. I would reccomend running some searches on this forum. I am sure you will come back with some good links!

  11. #10
    Registered User NorCalBa11er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3
    I personally like to keep things stock, but I just got a job in a engine testing lab, and the mechanics/technicians all want me to turn it into 500+HP...

    I feel like this is gonna open a whole can of worms b/c I do love speed. But this is my FIRST car, i want to save some fun for my next ride, it's gonna be a porsche.

  12. #11
    Registered User 08WRXME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, Maine
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBa11er View Post
    I personally like to keep things stock, but I just got a job in a engine testing lab, and the mechanics/technicians all want me to turn it into 500+HP...

    I feel like this is gonna open a whole can of worms b/c I do love speed. But this is my FIRST car, i want to save some fun for my next ride, it's gonna be a porsche.
    You own a porche already. Lol A subaru is basically a porche with more space and cheaper. With the extra money you spend on the porche you can make your subaru as fast and be able to bring your friends along for the ride!

    Careful with speed though, it can be fun as hell, but one second is all it takes to make things go horribly wrong...

  13. #12
    Registered User NorCalBa11er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 08WRXME View Post
    With the extra money you spend on the porche you can make your subaru as fast and be able to bring your friends along for the ride!
    good point. but i've dreamed about the 911 turbo since i was still an infant!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •