Have a quick question...

This is a discussion on Have a quick question... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok so i just bought an 05 wrx yesterday and noticed it doesnt have a bosst gauge. that didnt bother ...

Have a quick question...

ok so i just bought an 05 wrx yesterday and noticed it doesnt have a bosst gauge. that didnt bother me because i just ordered one today so its no big deal. the question i have is what should the stock boost be set at?

what is the stock boost for an 05 wrx?

i talked to a guy at subaru and he siad the stock wrx's should be running at 9psi.

is that correct?

also what is the safest but highest amount of boost to run on the wrx without upgrading internals? what bolt ons would i need to support this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroxx950 View Post
    ok so i just bought an 05 wrx yesterday and noticed it doesnt have a bosst gauge. that didnt bother me because i just ordered one today so its no big deal. the question i have is what should the stock boost be set at?

what is the stock boost for an 05 wrx?
    Stock boost is about 13.2 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by pyroxx950 View Post
    what is the safest but highest amount of boost to run on the wrx without upgrading internals? what bolt ons would i need to support this?
    Wide open for debate. Stage 2 gives you about 16 psi max.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

did you get a aftermarket boost gauge?
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Wide open for debate. Stage 2 gives you about 16 psi max.
    Most people run more than 16 psi at stg 2.

That's not really a question that we can answer, what the most PSI you can run. These comes a point when you are past the efficiency range of the turbo itself, but you can always go higher.

yeah i a boost gauge and a pillar to house it.

im going to be installing the boost gauge in my auto tech class when i get it.

i just want to know how much boost i can run with just and intake and catback.

the reason i dont want to do more is because i dont want to void my warrenty. the dealer i got it form gave me a very good warrenty on the car. it has a 4yr or 100k mile time frame. and the car has 65k on it right now. the warrenty covers everything but the clutch,brakes,and tires. so i dont want to void it. thats why i want to do a catback and intake to start with. they are easy to put on and take off. so if something did happen i can swap it back to stock with no hassle. thats why i ask