05 wrx where do i start?

This is a discussion on 05 wrx where do i start? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everybody i know that this question is asked probably all the time but i need help. now i just ...

Thumbs up 05 wrx where do i start?

hey everybody i know that this question is asked probably all the time but i need help. now i just bought my 05 wrx stock with 45,000 miles ive never tuned a car before and dont know where to start. now i want the car to go faster cause ive already gotten used to the power it has. im not racing the car and i dont want to end up ruining my car with crap mods and also wondering what mods i can put on the car with it still being able to pass emissions here in n.y. ive read alot of the threads here on the site but for a newbie like my self im still trying to learn what everything means. any advice would help i dont plan on doing anything until spring so i got plenty of time to do my research and save some cash. thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ace 224 View Post
    hey everybody i know that this question is asked probably all the time but i need help. now i just bought my 05 wrx stock with 45,000 miles ive never tuned a car before and dont know where to start. now i want the car to go faster cause ive already gotten used to the power it has. im not racing the car and i dont want to end up ruining my car with crap mods and also wondering what mods i can put on the car with it still being able to pass emissions here in n.y. ive read alot of the threads here on the site but for a newbie like my self im still trying to learn what everything means. any advice would help i dont plan on doing anything until spring so i got plenty of time to do my research and save some cash. thanks!!
    check out the stickies and use the search

i would buy a cobb accessport first for stage 1
    then get a up-pipe, and a turbo back exhaust, then youll be stage 2 and you will have a lot of good power to hold you off for a bit till you decide on something bigger for your car!
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

and also till you get used to your car, a brand new cobb accessport is around $700 brand new, check out Cobb Subaru 02-08 WRX & 04-09 STi Accessport ECU Programmer, JSC Speed
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

ive been on the cobb website and was looking at the staged packages would the stage 2 package be too much for my car or just what im looking for to get started

Def worth it and just what your looking for, cobb is basically number one in my book, ask around and search, so many people love their cobb stage 2. Also check out videos on youtube of stage 2 wrx's.
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Thumbs up

Just a little input from an hombre in a very similar position..

I also have an '05 wrx and just bought a used accessport off ebay for sub - $400... it rocks! I'm running stage one with an otherwise completely stock car, its great! My mpgs are the same, response and power are improved all over the board...

It literally couldn't be easier, and has a plug and play and safety margin to it that i can't imagine being any easier (as opposed to say hondata or some other tuning media).

There really is a ton to learn and apparently many safe options for these cars.. (coming from a former honda guy ;-/)

the faq section under first mods and so on really is the place to start learning.. then watch ebay for the parts if you don't want to pony up for brand new stuff (which honestly for the vf turbos and whatnot, i don't know why you would...)

good luck amigo!

Intake, exhaust (cat-back, or turbo-back), AP, custom map, suspension, tires, wheels

when you get down the line geta bigger blow dryer and you are golden

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0MB View Post
    Intake, exhaust (cat-back, or turbo-back), AP, custom map, suspension, tires, wheels

when you get down the line geta bigger blow dryer and you are golden
    no need for an intake untill you go over 300 hp's . most tuners reccomened you stay with the stock airbox untill after stage 2.

very important to get tuned either a protune,cobb ots map or an opensource tune if you dont have the money for cobb ap go to a tune shop and get an opensource tune, they just tune up your stock ecu with a custom map
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."