Need advice

This is a discussion on Need advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just picked up a '07 WRX and I want to modify with exhaust and intake. Im not sure ...

Need advice

So I just picked up a '07 WRX and I want to modify with exhaust and intake. Im not sure excatly what I should do or use. Also a little more speed whould be great. If anyone could give some suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey I haven't been on the forum for too long, but I have been doing a lo of reading. I would suggest looking into SPT, Invidia, Greddy, Borla and Cobb for your exhaust.

As for an intake, you will be getting this response mainly. Don't do it. If you are looking though, Injen, TurboXS, K&N, AEM.

Good sites i have found are FastWRX, Cobb, jcs speed.

I think all those guys are repped on here,If not i will remove them.

Good luck buddy

It really all depends on what you're looking for.

Loud? Stealthy? Modest?

Also, are you going to go full turbo-back or just a cat-back system? If you go the TBE route, you'll need some form of engine management (which will also give you t3h fasta) and you can flash to Stage 2. With just a cat-back system, you do not need EM.

With an intake, you're going to need to be tuned for it. The stock airboxes can run with you into the 300hp range, so until you get to that point, I would suggest putting that money into something else (i.e. EM).

EDIT: Pretty much all exhausts are going to be very good. There is no really "better" exhaust than another. It is all based on personal preference. Use YouTube - it will be your friend. You can probably find any exhaust on there and hear what it sounds like and try and make up your mind that way. Also, read up! Read the stickies, etc. and educate yourself as much as you can. Another good resource is this: Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC That is basically the WRX Bible. I would suggest reading ALL of it. There is alot of fantastic information in there.

Happy modding!
    Last edited by STI_KLR; 10-20-2008 at 05:06 PM.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STI_KLR
    EDIT: Pretty much all exhausts are going to be very good. There is no really "better" exhaust than another. It is all based on personal preference. Use YouTube - it will be your friend. You can probably find any exhaust on there and hear what it sounds like and try and make up your mind that way.
    While YouTube is a great reference, it still doesn't begin to compare with hearing the exhausts in person. Narrow your choices down to a few options, then try to find a local member who has the exhaust. Try to get together so you can listen to it outside the car, inside the car, and on the highway (to see if it "drones").
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    While YouTube is a great reference, it still doesn't begin to compare with hearing the exhausts in person. Narrow your choices down to a few options, then try to find a local member who has the exhaust. Try to get together so you can listen to it outside the car, inside the car, and on the highway (to see if it "drones").
    I agree. While youtube does not honestly do the exhausts justice, it can give you a relative idea of what it will sound like. But yes, the only way to make a true decision is to hear it in person
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_lj2001 View Post
    So I just picked up a '07 WRX and I want to modify with exhaust and intake. Im not sure excatly what I should do or use. Also a little more speed whould be great. If anyone could give some suggestions that would be great.

Thanks
    my suggestions for your car skip the intake, do an air silence and snorkel delete get the fender plug and a kn drop in air filter as for exhaust invida catted dp and borola xr1 exhaust and look into a pro tune your hp would be around 250 to the wheels
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    erz or SR*S

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

hks hi power/invidia g200 for catback

invidia divorced wastegate dp

turbo xs up pipe
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."