New here, but not new to subaru's
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New here, but not new to subaru's within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I will start off I have been on many other car forums, just never got on this one don't ...

New here, but not new to subaru's

Well I will start off I have been on many other car forums, just never got on this one don't know why. My name is Dan, and I'm from ohio around the cincinnati area. I drive a 02 wrx in psm its not fast but I love the car. I am the only one out of my friends that has a subaru, they all drive evo's, dsm's, 240's, and other random stuff.

I bought the car a few years ago and just making it a work in progress. I will post pictures later as I'm on my phone and its a pain to post pictures.

Mods:
    Hks down pipe
    Megan cat back
    Invidea up pipe
    Tien springs
    Rear sway bar and metal end links
    Hallman boost controller
    Sti trans mount
    Cobb short throw and bushings
    Hks turbo timer
    Megan gauges(3 in the clock spot)
    And just some weight saving

The best time for the car so far was 14.08@96 1.8 60ft, and as I went up to run again well knowing it had a 13 in it the clutch wouldn't grab so that ended my day at the track. I'm waiting on a close friend/tuner to do a open ecu flash on the car before I go back to the track with a new clutch. I know I forgot stuff on my car, and probably miss spelled a lot of stuff but its 2:50am so oh well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and pics are a must And just curious, you have all that without any tune?
    King Dustin
    Bugeye Mafia # 195
    Cobb Stage 2
    2002 PSM WRX

"
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back. "

I will try and get some pictures up this weekend, but there old because my car has an rs wingless trunk on it now and really haven't taken any pictures.

You know when I got the car I was all about tuning it before I did anything to it I even sold a vf39 setup I had because I had no way to tune it. The guy I sold it to just slapped it on his 03 at 17psi and its runs strong all day long, but as for my car the setup I have is as far as I will push it with out a tune, and that is 15-16psi and maybe I'm just lucky because the car has 116k on it and runs like its brand new and I have kept up with all of the mant my self as I love working on cars.
    Last edited by Subie dan; 10-20-2008 at 12:25 PM.
    02 Platinum Silver Metallic WRX
    Bugeye mafia #205
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...danswrx2-1.jpg

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Welcome Dan. Great name. Nice looking car. You're definately going to want to look into some kind of EM soon. Running w/o it will cause damage to the motor over time. You don't know what your A/F ratios are. As far as the VF39 set up you sold, that guy will destroy his motor w/o EM. There's a lot of great info on this site. Also check out the Unabombers Manifesto from NASIOC if you haven't already. Enjoy!

Dan
    Last edited by 20WRX04; 10-20-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

02-03 dont need em with turbo back
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    02-03 dont need em with turbo back
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but you are incorrect. The stock map is tuned for your stock set up. When you introduce new parts onto the car, the map needs to be tuned to accomodate those changes.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but you are incorrect. The stock map is tuned for your stock set up. When you introduce new parts onto the car, the map needs to be tuned to accomodate those changes.
    Oh I know I need to get it tuned just waiting on my tuner to get his new tatric(sp?) cable
    Bugeye mafia #205

Also just wondering why my signature picture won't work, on other forums I just have to do [img]the url[/img]
    Bugeye mafia #205

ctually i read it on this site cant find the forum it was a kid with an 04 asking about a tbe someone said he needed a tune and another person said no he didnt because he had an 02-03 someone correceted him on the year the kid had though? sorry if its wrong it is just what i read
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by Subie dan View Post
    Oh I know I need to get it tuned just waiting on my tuner to get his new tatric(sp?) cable
    He can use the old 1.0 Tactrix Cable if he has that one. He doesn't have to wait for the new 2.0 to arrive.
    Also just wondering why my signature picture won't work, on other forums I just have to do [img]the url[/img]
    I don't think we're able to put pics in our sigs. But I can see it when I click on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    ctually i read it on this site cant find the forum it was a kid with an 04 asking about a tbe someone said he needed a tune and another person said no he didnt because he had an 02-03 someone correceted him on the year the kid had though? sorry if its wrong it is just what i read
    Yeah, it's definately wrong. Any changes made to our cars most likely require some kind of tuning to make sure they run safely.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

When he ordered his cable he thought he ordered the universal cable, but he tunes evo's and he has the mistubishi cable.

And I guess I will have to wait till I get to my friends house to make the picture smaller to fit in the advatar, and to post some pictures in the bugeye mafia so I will take some new ones this weekend
    Last edited by Subie dan; 10-21-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    Bugeye mafia #205

When he ordered his cable he thought he ordered the universal cable, but he tunes evo's and he has the mistubishi cable.
    The Mitsubishi cable will work with your car. I use the same one. The only difference between the 2 is that that the Mitsu cable has an extra harness attached to it. Other than that, it's the exact same cable. Good luck.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    The Mitsubishi cable will work with your car. I use the same one. The only difference between the 2 is that that the Mitsu cable has an extra harness attached to it. Other than that, it's the exact same cable. Good luck.
    We have tried a couple times to use that cable, but it won't connect to my car and the people on nasioc say that its the cable
    Bugeye mafia #205

We have tried a couple times to use that cable, but it won't connect to my car and the people on nasioc say that its the cable
    Weird. I've used it on my car, & my buddys car to flash maps. Hope you get it all worked out soon.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Found some pictures of my car there are more at BoostedDj - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These don't show it wingless but they do show the gloss black stock rims, and if you notice that its only my passanger side that because the driver side fender got hit and there are some pictures of it on my photobucket

Bugeye mafia #205

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.