Stock 2009 wrx dynos???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock 2009 wrx dynos??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm new to the site and in the market to buy an 09 wrx sedan. I know they are obviously ...

Stock 2009 wrx dynos???

I'm new to the site and in the market to buy an 09 wrx sedan. I know they are obviously tuned for more power from the factory, but I can't find any stock dynos for an 09 wrx. Anyone know where I can find one or know how much whp/wtq to expect?

I'm coming from an 06 Civic Si which I had lightly modded w/ I/H/E and ECU reflash putting down 200whp. I need a sedan since I just had a baby so need 2 more doors. I had a deposit down for an 09 Civic Si sedan but I happened to stop by the only Subaru dealer in town and they are giving me a great deal for an 09 w/ spt cat back, short throw, fogs, and other miscellaneous options for only 2k more than I was getting the Civic. After driving the rex, it was obvious what my next car is going to be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to a better life brother. I'm coming from a 2000 civic si. I had a greddy turbo, skunk2 cat back and a few other things. I was at 244whp at ~14-16psi.

I wasn't smart enough to research first and wait til the 09's came out, but I'm still happy with my 08. I was able to get one with an SPT CBE also. It's a great sounding exhaust!! I have a cobb AP with a perrin stage 1 map so I'm at around an 09 stock wrx power wise.

Considering the 09's are rated at 265hp, whp should be somewhere around the 225whp mark. Probable won't see any dyno plots till later, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cobb is the first company to throw up a dyno sheet. Considering they create a stage 1 and stage 2 map for the 09's. Periodically check CobbTuning.com - Home Page I'm sure their maps and dyno graphs are coming out soon.

Oh and just FYI, suby's are a different monster than Honda's. I feel like I'm learning everything all over again. It's a fun process though I have to admit.
    Last edited by makikogi; 10-16-2008 at 06:01 PM.

YouTube - 09 wrx dyno

229 AWHP 272 AWTQ.

This was posted over on 8thcivic.com and who ever posted it said it was totally stock. I dunno though, it sounds stock.

Talk about under rated. That thing puts down more tq than a stock Evo X
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidr1 View Post
    YouTube - 09 wrx dyno

229 AWHP 272 AWTQ.

This was posted over on 8thcivic.com and who ever posted it said it was totally stock. I dunno though, it sounds stock.

Talk about under rated. That thing puts down more tq than a stock Evo X
    LOL i posted this over at 8thcivic, but i made this original post long before the stock dyno was posted on the net.

is anyone here skeptical about this 09 WRX really being stock.

Whos to say they didnt mess with the boost.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.