NEW to ClubWRX//WHY DO I WANT A WRX??

This is a discussion on NEW to ClubWRX//WHY DO I WANT A WRX?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey I'm new to the site. I drive a 2002 BMW 330ci 5-Speed which I love. It's a gem,I picked ...

NEW to ClubWRX//WHY DO I WANT A WRX??

Hey I'm new to the site. I drive a 2002 BMW 330ci 5-Speed which I love. It's a gem,I picked it up in April 08' with 2300 miles!! The previous owner had another 9 cars ranging from C63 to a Maserati. Anyway a couple of my friends have WRX's, and I know I want one. My Dad is taking my BMW in the spring, and I'm getting a new car. Why should I get a WRX?
    2002 BMW 330ci

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't get a WRX.

Buy one cause you want one, it doesn't do magic tricks.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAV_NJ View Post
    Hey I'm new to the site. I drive a 2002 BMW 330ci 5-Speed which I love. It's a gem,I picked it up in April 08' with 2300 miles!! The previous owner had another 9 cars ranging from C63 to a Maserati. Anyway a couple of my friends have WRX's, and I know I want one. My Dad is taking my BMW in the spring, and I'm getting a new car. Why should I get a WRX?

Because you live in New Jersey (you have winters) and it's AWD, goes like a bat out of hell, handles great, is made in Japan, has a 5 star safety rating, and costs $24k new. There's nothing on the market even close! The only bummer is dealing with the summer/winter tire thing if you buy an 09. I've go 400 miles on mine and now I'm going to spend another grand on tires and wheels.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by subieflyer View Post
    Because you live in New Jersey (you have winters) and it's AWD, goes like a bat out of hell, handles great, is made in Japan, has a 5 star safety rating, and costs $24k new. There's nothing on the market even close! The only bummer is dealing with the summer/winter tire thing if you buy an 09. I've go 400 miles on mine and now I'm going to spend another grand on tires and wheels.
    You answered your own question.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I stated that I did want a WRX. I wouldn't be getting anything newer than an 05-06' so the whole tire situation wouldn't be a problem. Can't I put all-season tires on? Whats your favorite part of your WRX? Handling? Speed? And what's the reliability?
    2002 BMW 330ci

they come 05-06 come with all season tires so that wouldn't be a worry.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I stated that I did want a WRX. I wouldn't be getting anything newer than an 05-06' so the whole tire situation wouldn't be a problem. Can't I put all-season tires on? Whats your favorite part of your WRX? Handling? Speed? And what's the reliability?
    It's a blast to drive, it's got a ton of aftermarket support for it. The interior of the 02-07 is rather bland and uninspiring, but turn the key and rev the engine with a good aftermarket exhaust system, and start driving and you won't care

It's a driver car, drive a couple if you don't like driving it, just forget about it, there are plusher interiors (08/09) and also there are more features with other brands/models. But for heck yeah fun to drive, it is awesome.

what other cars are in your scope? What's your budget? I'm assuming since you're looking to buy a used 06-07 wrx you want to stay at around the 17k mark?

My big reason behind my wrx was the AWD and the turbo have the wrx turbos are cheap good in the snow and alot of fun to drive and with 1500 to 2500 you can get a wrx up to 250 whp give or take sti of coarse would be more
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

If you want one, why are you asking us why you want one?
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hah this is the 2nd time i've seen this since being a member.

Convince me to get a wrx
    that being the first time.

anyway, you should get a wrx because your dad is taking your bimmer and you need a new car. derrr =)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

DUB
    Jesus will save you if you get one.