Modding a 2008

This is a discussion on Modding a 2008 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, So i just got my 08 WRX and i am not someone who can leave a vehicle alone. I ...

Modding a 2008

Okay, So i just got my 08 WRX and i am not someone who can leave a vehicle alone. I went and purchased an Injen intake, then noticed all the intake forum Q&As and am looking to return it now. I am new to the turbo world, So I made a rookie mistake.

My questions are this:

1. I would at very least like to replace the air filter with something like a K&N, but I heard the oil is bad for the MAF. Any suggestions for a oilless replacement?

2. I got plans for an exhaust, but not right away. I would however like to do some visual mods. Bodykit, wheels and such. Any suggestions for a bodykit, or are any made yet?

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate you bearing with my ignorance concerning these awesome cars!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 08WRXME View Post
    Any suggestions for a bodykit, or are any made yet?
    they make a front lip for the 08's

please dont ruin the car with a body kit, unless you want it to look like this:

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Well I have to admit, I am not a fan of the hood and the roof scoop on that one, but the front bumper isn't too bad. I think thats the one from the new Fast and Furious.

I kinda had a feeling that I would get shot down, but I understand where a lot of people are coming from. I think keeping a vehicle stock is boring, the reason why I would want a kit. Fear not though, I want something classy. No 2 foot tall spoiler, widebody kit, or anything insane. Just something to set myself apart from the rest of Subie owners!

I appreciate the response, and was also wondering what people thought of the Invidia exhaust for the 2008? I know its a wagon exhaust, but i feel like they will make a sedan version soon.

Not the underspoiler kit that comes OE on upgraded models but the one you order from subaru has a nice bit of flare without being too cheesy. Thats what I got. Front and back came in my color but sides have to get painted.

Last edited by l3E4VER; 10-12-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: trying to add a photo

I would be interested to see what that looks like on the car. I went to the SPT website, but I didn't see any body mods. Do you have any photos of the parts on your car?

edited my last post n put it in there dont have photos of sides or rear right now but they have the same idea as the front little bit of flare and I havent seen anybody with these on yet. You can go to your dealership and they can order it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 08WRXME View Post
    I would be interested to see what that looks like on the car. I went to the SPT website, but I didn't see any body mods. Do you have any photos of the parts on your car?
    that lip is OEM, not spt. you can get your dealership to order it, or you can get it here: https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...oducts_id=1286

scoobytuner.com has a classy lip for the 08's also...