+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Stealthtuner turned wrxtuner. Previous cars: 94 dodge stealth base (200hp) all eclipse sound system 92 dodge stealth R/T TT (400awhp) ...

Stealthtuner turned wrxtuner.

Previous cars:

94 dodge stealth base (200hp)
    all eclipse sound system

92 dodge stealth R/T TT (400awhp)
    turbonetics T70 single turbo conversion, lots of supporting mods. basically a dragster.

here is what it looked like: (this was the post I bought it from)
    3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

------------------------

Thats just so you guys know where I am coming from.
    So a big tree fell on both of those and totalled them. Now I am getting a 2002 wrx, 5spd. WR blue. Stock.

car has 113k on it but looks really clean. Gettin it shipped soon!

I was thinking of getting some rims for it and an intake and exhaust right off the bat.

any input? sorry if I shouldnt be asking these questions in this section.

What is the best site to buy wrx performance parts for a good price? most popular? some other good ones?

exhaust:

I LOVE the hks carbon ti, and hi-power. sound great. had a hks super dragger on the r/t TT.

but for the hks it says: Fitment note: Will NOT clear Subaru rear diff protector

does it bolt on? something need to be fabricated? extra pipe?

Mine will have the stock rear diff.

-----------

If not HKS, im pretty set on BORLA I think. I dont want a "ricey sound", I want it low, and aggressive. Not like a super high pitched thin metal, fart cannon buzz. no offense to anyone.

-------------
    any input on DOWNPIPE? CAT/STRAIGHT PIPE?

also.. does a straight pipe give it too loud of a sound for a 4 cylinder? too much buzz?

intake
    I was looking into the K&N typhoon. almost 100 percent. like k&n, like the looks, performance, sound.

bolt on install?

-----------

RIMS

I want to get bigger than stock size. maybe 17" or 18". is that too big for a subie?

what specs would I need to find a rim that fits? bolt pattern? etc.

------

Again, sorry if I should have posted this elsewhere. But this my first post. So naturally I went here.

And because I had so many questions. I wanted them all here instead of bombarding sections with multiple threads right off the bat. I am sure I will have more questions.

What are some common problems with 2002 wrx 5spd?
    What needs replaced/maintained when?
    What is some good literature to buy for reference? for the price?
    What needs to be done to maintain turbo/intercooler, tranny?
    What is the best oil to use for our turbo? 5w30, 10w40, partial synth, regular? brand?

Any heads up for someone who knows very little about these cars?

What do watch for? keep an eye on?

Thank you all very much. Really.

-Nate-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

Check out jscspeed.com they have great prices.

HKS is a great exhaust and will sound great, It says wont clear the protector which can be a aftermarket one that covers your differential, so you might have to see if you have one or take it off if you do! It will bolt right up.

I wouldnt get rims right away unless you have the cash, I would buy some performance tires, really changes a lot! But 17inch rims should be perfect for your car!

I always recommend the invidia bellmouth downpipe because it looks great and is not bad of a price! You might also want to consider getting a catless up-pipe, they are failry cheap too.

After all that I would get a cobb accessport engine management so the car will run fine and be tuned with the base cobb maps or if you get it tuned, that will be considered stage 2.

If you want a intake, I would just go with a drop in filter.

A common thing with the wrx 5speed is that people clarify them as a glass box and that they cannot handle much more tq once you start modding, but I think its all how the person drives it. If your making 300tq, if you drive it nice, it will be good to you.

Make sure when you get the car you change/check all fluids, mobil 1 synthetic is great oil and there are a ton of them out there also, check your diff. fluids.

check on amazon.com for subaru books that can be helpful or go to local subaru dealership and maybe they can get you a owners manual.

Post pics when you get the car, goodluck
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Hello and welcome, you made a good choice coming over to the dark side. Ha ha
    When I turn my car on...........it returns the favor

what books are good tho? you know how there are certain brands? and there are also factory ones.

I was lookin into the HKS downpipe. it would fit the HKS exhaust, eliminate 2 cats (3 and 4, or 2 and 3, i forget), I dont want any of the cats. what is the best priced up-pipe?

the hks was 175. the invida I think was alot more.

how much is a cheap, decent engine management system?

is a synth blend ok? better than regular mobil? I dont wanna pay 6 bucks a quart.

should I go 5w, 10w, 30 or 40 for this engine/turbo??

I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cincysubie
    I was lookin into the HKS downpipe. it would fit the HKS exhaust, eliminate 2 cats (3 and 4, or 2 and 3, i forget), I dont want any of the cats. what is the best priced up-pipe?

the hks was 175. the invida I think was alot more.
    I have an HKS I can sell you for $100+shipping
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

"My car has a turbo, isn't synthetic the best bet for turbos? Subaru turbos are cooled by oil and coolant using a convection system, with coolant handling the cooling needs once the engine is turned off. Older turbo cooling technology relied solely upon oil cooling and synthetics are probably a better bet for those systems"

was reading this. ive been readin alot on this site and the ones its refers to.

i have a 2002 wrx, 113k. does coolant cool my turbo or just oil

should i use synth blend? regular? does it matter?

pics of my car

My 2002 impreza wrx 5spd is shipping the middle of next week. Ill have it before the weekend. Here are some pics from the seller.

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/128.../186403#00.jpg

brakes / performance stages

My car might need new brakes, rotors calipers right off the bat. Ill inspect it when it gets here.

Any good brake packages? I am not looking to spend alot. like 300-500.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.