New Chicago WRX owner with question AND video
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Chicago WRX owner with question AND video within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all! My name is Derek and I have come into the wonderful world of Subaru's. I'll be honest, it ...

New Chicago WRX owner with question AND video

Hello all! My name is Derek and I have come into the wonderful world of Subaru's.

I'll be honest, it has been a long time coming.

I've had it all - 1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2006 Scion xB, 2006 Mini Cooper S and NOW a proud papa of a 2005 Subaru Imprexa WRX Sedan, Platinum Silver, 4EAT.

I ave been waiting and waiting for this car in this exact combo to come along and when it became available i snatched it up. I have so many mods i want to get to but will wait until spring to start.

I have a question, though. I bought this from a dealership and all they know is that it definitely has an SPT intake. They said nothing of blow off valves, but to me it sounds as though it has an aftermarket one. Here's a vid of it:

YouTube - 2005 Subaru WRX Auto SPT intake only

So, what do you think? Being a newbie to the scoobie, I was wondering if you guys think it is factory or aftermarket, and also, if aftermarket, where is a BOV usually located in a Subaru to find out? on the intake side, i'm assuming...

Anyway, glad to be here. May this be the start of something wonderful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

It's sounds like a stock bpv but much more noticeable due to the after market intake. It has had exhaust work done as well.

Stock BPV:
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome to the club!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

welcome!
    Blobeye Syndicate number #31
    stage 2

welcome, one question though. why were you waiting for an auto? a manual is so much fun lol
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

thanks for the info as well as the welcomes!!
    I'll check under the hood tomorrow to see if that's what it looks like. So is it then called a bypass valve or blow off valve? So, so confused...
    jk.
    I got the auto because i am too lazy to shift in the stop-and-go city traffic, honestly. i'd rather let the car do the work so i can just drive. =-]

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drektek79 View Post
    thanks for the info as well as the welcomes!!
    I'll check under the hood tomorrow to see if that's what it looks like. So is it then called a bypass valve or blow off valve? So, so confused...
    the stock unit is a bypass valve. most aftermarket units are considered blow off valves

welcome to the club!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.