Removing resonator from OEM exhaust

This is a discussion on Removing resonator from OEM exhaust within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I am planning on getting a WRX..once i can get rid of my 08 Civic..lol and i plan on ...

Removing resonator from OEM exhaust

So I am planning on getting a WRX..once i can get rid of my 08 Civic..lol

and i plan on removing the resonator on the OEM exhaust just to make my car sound "alive"

Is the correct term call "stright pipe"?? or stright pipe = remvoing resonator and the coverter?

anyway...will my car get the "growl" i want? I dont expect any HP/TQ gain...im doing it purely for my ear's pleasure

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ear pleasure?!!!...kinky! but...= remove snorkul and add cat-back. Good ear candy!!!

so i should just get a cat-back? I know some cat back include a resonator on civic's but what about WRX?

The resonator is in the midpipe between the downpipe (attached to the turbo) and the axleback muffler. A CBE will get you the midpipe (no resonator) and a new axleback muffler.

And a louder note.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)