• 09 WRX

16 84.21%
  • Used Evo 8

1 5.26%
  • Used Evo 9

2 10.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 09 WRX or Used Evo? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I own an Evo IX MR, and I'd still suggest getting the '09 WRX simply because the Evo isn't the ...

I own an Evo IX MR, and I'd still suggest getting the '09 WRX simply because the Evo isn't the type of car you want to buy preowned unless you really know the history behind it.

I also don't really see the upkeep as being all that expensive (I bought the car new in April of '06 and the only thing I've HAD to do as far as maintenance is routine oil changes - but then again I don't put a whole lot of miles on it), not for the performance it gives you. Basic mods are inexpensive, and can give you phenomenal returns if done correctly; just like with any cars of this type however, when you get people throwing mods on left and right without any research done, and with questionable install work, you start running into problems. Personally, I've paid a little more to get quality parts and professional installation/tuning (Buschur's done all the work that I haven't done myself) and the car has had ZERO issues.

Still though, this isn't necessarily true of most Evo owners, which is why I said unless you know the car's history I'd stay far away from a used example. Pay for the new WRX, and while you may not have the raw performance of the Evo you'll be assured that you won't be throwing money at it constantly to fix other people's problems.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya coming from experience...you really shouldn't buy a used evo. i did, it only had 10,000 miles on it. but it seemed like every one of those miles were driven hard. the transfer case started the notorious death whine and it permanently had the CEL (300 code) on. Plus mitsubishi's warranty is a joke. they really don't stand behind their cars at all. i just got rid of my 2007 civic si. i put 38000 miles on her without a single problem. i bought it for $500 under msrp and sold it for $1800 less than I paid for it...i was shocked at how it kept its value! i thought i'd never love a honda...but i did.

if you are set on a evo...try contacting south coast mitsubishi in california...they sell brand new evo's for thousands off msrp.

Banned
    I suggest that to get a balanced answer, you should ask the same question on a popular lancer/evo forum, and then make the final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by be1ieve1111 View Post
    I suggest that to get a balanced answer, you should ask the same question on a popular lancer/evo forum, and then make the final decision.
    He speaks truth

It seems like the chances of getting a evo used that is in good shape is not likely. I think the 09 wrx should be enough power with some mods and it is not as noticeable as an evo. Wether i get an evo or wrx I am gonna want it to last me for a couple of years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.