2.0L vs 2.5L WRX!

This is a discussion on 2.0L vs 2.5L WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So like...i did some research on the car...and im in the market for a WRX(Please dont sugguest a STI, if ...

2.0L vs 2.5L WRX!

So like...i did some research on the car...and im in the market for a WRX(Please dont sugguest a STI, if i can afford it, i would've got it)

The only problem i ecounter is...I can find any 06-07 WRX in the price range and mileage i want...

but for the 04-05 I can find plently...

anyway...how much difference is the extra .5L? I heard the 06-07 generate about 230hp and 240ish? TQ? and what about your basic bolt-on? Will i notice more gain with the 2.5 then a 2.0?

Or are they really the same....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

right around 250wtq it starts getting easy to break the 5-speed

the 2.5 has alot more grunt down low

theres no replacement for displacement

With that being said, from what I have seen the 2.0 is capable of roughly 300-350whp without issues, and I've been told that it's capable of holding roughly 400tq. To be on the safe side I wouldn't try to exceed 300whp on the 2.0, I've dyno'd at 297whp/277wtq and I've seen a cobb stage 1 STI put down 245whp/255wtq on the same dyno.

YouTube - Dyno tune Enginuity Wrx Vf 34 with STI 6-speed Trans w DCCD

dyno can be seen around the 45 second mark, and that's my younger brother providing comments in the video
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    the 2.5 has alot more grunt down low
    theres no replacement for displacement

+1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

It depends also on what mod route your going for. Are you keeping it stock or modding the hell out of it? You'll go farther with the 2.5L, but if you're in the market now, then stick with the 04-05's, but choose the 05 in my opinion. The interior is nicer with better upgrades and placement, stock rims are nicer, and the side panels are painted rather than black. You'll also probably see less miles too. That depends though...