*Just got an 04 WRX VF34*

This is a discussion on *Just got an 04 WRX VF34* within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys well i first signed up for this site back in July well since then i totaled the 05 ...

*Just got an 04 WRX VF34*

Hey guys well i first signed up for this site back in July well since then i totaled the 05 WRX i had on vacation in Tennessee and i picked up another one This one is a 2004 but its a hell of a lot faster then my 05 was Here is my list of mods

Gruppe's VF34 turbo

Runs on 18.5 psi

565cc STi pink injectors

Walbro 255lph fuel pump

Cobb AccessPort V2 running the VF34 93 octane base and real
    time map

STI hoop scoop and splitter painted to match

Cobb short ram intake

2004 STI springs

Perrin 3way adjustable rear sway bar with Kart Boy solid endlinks

Turbo XS Full Catless turbo back exhaust with a Prodrive Oval

Tip axleback

Helix Catless uppipe

its definitely a quick car! the guy i bought it from took great care of it
    now I'm thinking a bigger intercooler would be a good mod to start with and any other suggestions from you guys I'm still learning about these Subaru's I'm doing a lot of research
    Last edited by Sinister05WRX; 10-02-2008 at 09:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

id say go with a bigger sized top-mount, sti will be fine. unless you plan on going to a much larger turbo in the near future.if you also start plannin on going bigger u might want to search around for a used sti transmission becasue the wrx 5speed isnt strong at all, but it all depends on how you drive it. Goodluck, any question feel free to PM me.
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Quote Originally Posted by MiLaB21 View Post
    id say go with a bigger sized top-mount, sti will be fine. unless you plan on going to a much larger turbo in the near future.if you also start plannin on going bigger u might want to search around for a used sti transmission becasue the wrx 5speed isnt strong at all, but it all depends on how you drive it. Goodluck, any question feel free to PM me.
    i'm gonna keep this turbo on there for awhile it was installed at 40,000 miles and i'm only at 45,000 now so its gonna stay for now...i def plan on the sti top mount soon when i get some cash together and i baby this car so for the meantime i'm gonna keep the stock trans in there and i live in the city so a 6 speed would be a ***** to drive around...when i move back to fl next summer i'll def think about getting the sti tranny tho how much do they usually run?

Prepare for posts commenting on your lack of punctuation and the fact that you called your 04 WRX "fater" than your 05 WRX.

STI Tranny

If you are buying an STI tranny from a dealership, be prepared to drop a load of cash. You might be better off finding a totalled STI like I am and doing a complete swap. Also, before even buying it, make sure the bolt holes will line up properly. The 6sp tranny is much larger then the 5sp, so you have to make sure it all lines up.

i seen used sti trans with like 3k miles on them for $3500 which included everything you would need for the swap, not bad at all.
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

i'd never go thru the dealership there a rip off and 3500$ isnt bad but for right now i'm good with the 5 speed but come next summer when i get back to fl i'll def be getting the 6 speed