dyno expectations
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on dyno expectations within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So far the only thing I have on the car is an SPT CBE. What dyno numbers could I see ...

dyno expectations

So far the only thing I have on the car is an SPT CBE. What dyno numbers could I see if I tune with cobb or something similar. I read the other post where the poster had CAI and DP along with a CBE he pulled some great numbers 243whp and 319 ft lb. Just seeing if I need to go DP and CAI to get decent results. Again what could I expect with just a CBE & tune? Thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Lot of factors - weather conditions, OTS or custom map, tuner, dyno, etc.

The Cobb site offers dyno graphs for their StageII tune - I'd figure that would be an idea
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

thanks for the constant replies brother! you really make a newbie feel welcome! yea I looked at the cobb preset maps, but I'm wondering if a custom tune would yield bigger numbers. thanks again

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by makikogi
    I'm wondering if a custom tune would yield bigger numbers.
    Most likely.

You can talk to your tuner and have as conservative/aggressive of a map as you'd like. Again, it depends on the variables mentioned above, but generally speaking, you will have higher #s, as well as a better power-curve and AFR
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Custom Tuning

Custom tunes are always a better way to go, but before you go to any tuning shop, I always get background info on the person doing the tune (# of subies they've tuned, years doing so, price. etc). I've heard of some real horror stories about subies blowing up because of bad tunes. Im not sure where you are living, but if you are in the south east, I went to TopSpeed Performance in Ga, they did an amazing job on my tune. Scott has been doing it for years and has tuned over 800 Subies.

As for the CBE, you'll probably only gain 5-10 hp assuming it is a larger diameter pipe and has a less constrictive muffler, the Down pipe, which houses your CAT, is where you will make some serious gains in HP. I replaced mine with a Catless 3" exhaust and bell mouth Down-pipe and had a serious gain, including quicker spool time on the turbo.

Another cheap mod, if you have a little know how, Perrin lightened crank pulley (About $100), is an easy way to help your engine with idling, while at the same time, allowing the engine to pull harder.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.