Any suggestions?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Any suggestions? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; HEY I HAVE A 2002 REX AND I JUST INSTALLED A SHORT RAM AIR INTAKE, AND ITS PREETY SMOOTH BUT ...

Question Any suggestions?

HEY I HAVE A 2002 REX AND I JUST INSTALLED A SHORT RAM AIR INTAKE, AND ITS PREETY SMOOTH BUT WHEN I STEP ON THE THROTTLE IT HESITATES TO GET UP TO SPEED, HELP PLEASE!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    are you at the proper speed for the gear you were in?

example: if youre going 30 mph in 4th gear and slam on the gas- its going to take a few seconds for the car to get going unless you downshift

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNER34 View Post
    HEY I HAVE A 2002 REX AND I JUST INSTALLED A SHORT RAM AIR INTAKE, AND ITS PREETY SMOOTH BUT WHEN I STEP ON THE THROTTLE IT HESITATES TO GET UP TO SPEED, HELP PLEASE!
    Why are you yelling at me?

Could be quite a few things.

Heatsoak ,leaks,AFR (air/fuel ratio) Limp mode,sugar in the gas tank...who knows.

Is it throwing any CELS?What kind of short ram?

Just the cel light

Yea im at the right speed its usualy around second and third and low fourth, the cel came on last night and when i hit the cruise button. But it runs fine the hesitation is gone but i can still feel it around fourth gear........ And whos yelling?? Any one from california?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by TUNER34 View Post
    Yea im at the right speed its usualy around second and third and low fourth, the cel came on last night and when i hit the cruise button. But it runs fine the hesitation is gone but i can still feel it around fourth gear........ And whos yelling?? Any one from california?
    1) Are you certain the intake was installed correctly? Specifically the MAF and are you sure the MAF is clean?

2) You need to pull the code and then go from there.

3) It is a generally accepted etiquette for communication through text (like web sites, chat rooms, email, etc.) that typing in all cap letters is considered yelling/shouting.

4) You should check out our SW regional forum HERE, for people close to you.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.