New to subaru all together, any pointer? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

This is a discussion on New to subaru all together, any pointer? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is this your first AWD car? If so my advise to you... NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER drop your clutch!...

  1. #16
    Registered User 07EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne and Boca FL
    Posts
    205
    Is this your first AWD car?
    If so my advise to you...
    NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER drop your clutch!
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User WRX_732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TomsRiver NewJersey
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 07EJ257 View Post
    Is this your first AWD car?
    If so my advise to you...
    NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER drop your clutch!
    haha yea ive driven awd b4fore and i have already gotten used to it. i know it aint no rsx

    thanks lol good lookin out
    Last edited by WRX_732; 10-02-2008 at 02:42 PM.

  4. #18
    Registered User 07EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne and Boca FL
    Posts
    205
    Haha I had an RSX too!!!

    Mine was a piece though. 02 non S. Had alot done to it mod wise but it was just about as quick as an S lol. Then I flipped it
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

  5. #19
    Registered User WRX_732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TomsRiver NewJersey
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 07EJ257 View Post
    Haha I had an RSX too!!!

    Mine was a piece though. 02 non S. Had alot done to it mod wise but it was just about as quick as an S lol. Then I flipped it
    yea i was on the berge of either a type s, or a subie.
    i picked subie. i had a 03 non s and i fell in love lol

  6. #20
    Registered User 07EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne and Boca FL
    Posts
    205
    Yea but the real question is how does it compare to the Suby now? lol I loved mine to death but now Im boost addicted.
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

  7. #21
    Registered User WRX_732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TomsRiver NewJersey
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 07EJ257 View Post
    Yea but the real question is how does it compare to the Suby now? lol I loved mine to death but now Im boost addicted.

    haha exactly why i picked up the wrx, i need boost in my life. after rippin my friends worked MR around i cant stand not getting anything less than boosted.

  8. #22
    Registered User 07EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne and Boca FL
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_732 View Post
    haha exactly why i picked up the wrx, i need boost in my life. after rippin my friends worked MR around i cant stand not getting anything less than boosted.
    No you need to stop lol. Same f-ing thing. My friend had an MR that I fell in love with. Im curious what else we share experiences with hahaha.
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

  9. #23
    Registered User WRX_732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TomsRiver NewJersey
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 07EJ257 View Post
    No you need to stop lol. Same f-ing thing. My friend had an MR that I fell in love with. Im curious what else we share experiences with hahaha.
    have ya ever owned a stock n/a auto 300zx n dumped WAY TO MUCH MONEY into but still looks sexy and clean as hell even tho its a n/a? haha
    did ur buddys mr have fp green turbo, shepp 5 speed and other goodies ?

  10. #24
    Registered User 07EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne and Boca FL
    Posts
    205
    LOL I think we're losing it now. Never did own a 300zx but I came pretty close to a late 80s turbo. And my friends MR wasnt too crazy. JDM motor swap with stock turbo. But it was enough of a kick in the pants when you gunned it for me to want boost lol.
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

  11. #25
    Registered User WRX_732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TomsRiver NewJersey
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 07EJ257 View Post
    LOL I think we're losing it now. Never did own a 300zx but I came pretty close to a late 80s turbo. And my friends MR wasnt too crazy. JDM motor swap with stock turbo. But it was enough of a kick in the pants when you gunned it for me to want boost lol.
    i feel ya i think my friends evo n my other friends turbo cobra got me wantin that boost haha not to mention i was sick of front wheel in the winter n than takin my nissan out in the winter. i hate my insurence agent lol

  12. #26
    Registered User 07EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne and Boca FL
    Posts
    205
    Im from CT originally and I never really had any problems with FWD in the winter. I did total the RSX in the rain though going up a mountain.

    I did drive the Evo MR and the STi in the same day at the dealer when I was testdriving. Evo felt too much like a Honda. The STi just felt like a tank. So I went STi lol.
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

  13. #27
    Registered User WRX_732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TomsRiver NewJersey
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 07EJ257 View Post
    Im from CT originally and I never really had any problems with FWD in the winter. I did total the RSX in the rain though going up a mountain.

    I did drive the Evo MR and the STi in the same day at the dealer when I was testdriving. Evo felt too much like a Honda. The STi just felt like a tank. So I went STi lol.

    nahh never had a problem fwd in snow, thats why i bought a few fwd's for just that. n yea after rippin evos n stis n wrx's i feel alot safer in the subbie

  14. #28
    Registered User 07EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne and Boca FL
    Posts
    205
    Agreed!
    ::XPT Stage 2::12.9 @ 105::
    Hawk-Eye Alliance # 9 2 2 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •