08 WRX preffered over 09 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

This is a discussion on 08 WRX preffered over 09 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Really you like the 08 rather than the 09? I got an 08 wrx and i dont want to sound ...

  1. #16
    Registered User mikes08suby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Milpitas, CA
    Posts
    13

    i got an 08

    Really you like the 08 rather than the 09? I got an 08 wrx and i dont want to sound ungrateful, but when i saw the 09 wrx i got envious because of the more horsepower, darker rims,and the sti spoiler. By any chance anyone know where i can purchase the sti spoiler?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Holy Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    I'm a little irked by Subaru's move.

    To see Subaru make a change that entails a 41 hp and and 18 lb.-ft. bump from year-to-year, and substantially upgraded suspension is a heck of a slap in the face.
    So they should have just shrugged off the criticisms of the current car and kept it as it?

    Cars generally get better with every generation, especially when a company is getting grief over it.

  4. #18
    Registered User MiLaB21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes08suby View Post
    Really you like the 08 rather than the 09? I got an 08 wrx and i dont want to sound ungrateful, but when i saw the 09 wrx i got envious because of the more horsepower, darker rims,and the sti spoiler. By any chance anyone know where i can purchase the sti spoiler?
    check at local subaru, probaly be expensive though
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

    99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

    2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

    2007 WRB STi

  5. #19
    Registered User rlmd09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes08suby View Post
    Really you like the 08 rather than the 09? I got an 08 wrx and i dont want to sound ungrateful, but when i saw the 09 wrx i got envious because of the more horsepower, darker rims,and the sti spoiler.
    Ditto. But I've come to reconcile my purchase with warranty voiding accessories.

  6. #20
    Registered User iDrove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    52
    I absolutely love my 08 WRX. I'm 23 and this is the first "real" car I've had. I'm in the USAF, and saved enough in my 35 months in Korea (1 to go) to buy my WRX for 24K cash out the door. Growing up with parents short on cash but high on debt, I never even rode in a new car. Now at 23, I walked ona dealership (after months of research) and walked away with my WRB '08 WRX. If the 2010 comes out and looks like a Lambo, has 1000 HP, and comes full of gold bars, I'm still 100% happy because at the time and the place, my car was the car for me. It still makes me smile every time I sit in the seat, see it, or even think of driving it. The '09 may be better in some ways, but there is no reason for '08 owners to feel "betrayed" or angry. If that's the case, you should never buy anything, because the next model will be better...
    2008 WRB WRX: Blouch 18G-XT, Perrin FMIC, Perrin Turbo Inlet, DW 750cc injectors, Invidia catless downpipe, Perrin Catback, TurboXS CAI, Mach V SS brakelines, Hawk HPS Brake pads, ATE Superblue, NGK one-step colder sparkplugs, Mach V 3-port BCS, Prosport boost gauge and wideband A/F gauge, STi fuel pump, WL Steering Rack bushings, Perrin 25mmFSB/22mm adjustable RSB, Kartboy endlinks, TGV deletes, Protune by Dan @ Mach V Motorsports...
    330WHP/342WTQ

  7. #21
    Registered User MiLaB21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by idrove View Post
    i absolutely love my 08 wrx. I'm 23 and this is the first "real" car i've had. I'm in the usaf, and saved enough in my 35 months in korea (1 to go) to buy my wrx for 24k cash out the door. Growing up with parents short on cash but high on debt, i never even rode in a new car. Now at 23, i walked ona dealership (after months of research) and walked away with my wrb '08 wrx. If the 2010 comes out and looks like a lambo, has 1000 hp, and comes full of gold bars, i'm still 100% happy because at the time and the place, my car was the car for me. It still makes me smile every time i sit in the seat, see it, or even think of driving it. The '09 may be better in some ways, but there is no reason for '08 owners to feel "betrayed" or angry. If that's the case, you should never buy anything, because the next model will be better...
    +1
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

    99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

    2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

    2007 WRB STi

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Last week I saw the new 09. I must say I'd prefer it over my 08BUT locally dealers will continue the sale of both, WRX 230 and WRX 265. The 265 costs almost 20% over the 230...For me no way, I'll get some upgrades for achieving the 265...

  9. #23
    Registered User shamrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    motor city
    Posts
    177
    OP-you say you make 6-figures, why didnt you get a sti. Its classy and very quick. Plus you can get all the extras. But its your money, enjoy
    2004 wrb WRX "Bugeye"
    http://www.misubie.com/

  10. #24
    Registered User 08WRXME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, Maine
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrove View Post
    I absolutely love my 08 WRX. I'm 23 and this is the first "real" car I've had. I'm in the USAF, and saved enough in my 35 months in Korea (1 to go) to buy my WRX for 24K cash out the door. Growing up with parents short on cash but high on debt, I never even rode in a new car. Now at 23, I walked ona dealership (after months of research) and walked away with my WRB '08 WRX. If the 2010 comes out and looks like a Lambo, has 1000 HP, and comes full of gold bars, I'm still 100% happy because at the time and the place, my car was the car for me. It still makes me smile every time I sit in the seat, see it, or even think of driving it. The '09 may be better in some ways, but there is no reason for '08 owners to feel "betrayed" or angry. If that's the case, you should never buy anything, because the next model will be better...
    Ditto! I bought the 08 WRX and it is my first Real car as well. I am 22 and have always gotten the hand-me-down cars. This purchase has made me very happy. As for that extra hp and tighter suspension, I feel the 08 is still quick as hell and relativly sweet in the corners. the 2008 will still go too fast and have plenty left over to get you into trouble. Plus, they are cheaper because everyone is fawning over the 09!

  11. #25
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,786
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow. The last time I saw this level of "new model year whining" was in 2002, on Nasioc, when the GC8 kids got their panties in a wad over the then-new USDM WRX.

    "the new WRX is for THIS kind of person, and the old RS is for THAT kind of person, and oh!, the new car is pig-heavy, and we're not going to let them in the club, etc, etc, etc..."

    Go buy the damned car that fits you! If your emphasis is to have a fun car and save a buck, maybe the deals on '08's are a perfect fit! If you're wanting stock springs and turbo that are a notch up in performance, go buy an '09! Who cares about "who's a working professional and family-man, blah blah blah..."

    My name is Ray, and I am a 41-year-old working professional with 2 kids.....and I drive a stage 2 bugeye wagon with Prodrive springs, RSB, etc. It's a freaking Swiss Army Knife of a car; goes like stink, corners decently for what it is, hauls 2 car seats when needed, with room to spare. I may change cars sometime in the foreseeable future, but it won't be to fit someone else's stereotype, and I won't worry about what everyone else thinks..



    Having said that, personally I'd go for an '09.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  12. #26
    Registered User Julio Bro!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    131
    Aaamenn Rayfields, amen.

  13. #27
    Registered User sk8nchill53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    south bay, ca
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by nicopete View Post
    Last week I saw the new 09. I must say I'd prefer it over my 08BUT locally dealers will continue the sale of both, WRX 230 and WRX 265. The 265 costs almost 20% over the 230...For me no way, I'll get some upgrades for achieving the 265...

    not 230 hp its 224 hp

    who's counting though right?

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8nchill53 View Post
    not 230 hp its 224 hp

    who's counting though right?
    Yeah I know, they call it 230 here and even the brochure says 230... Why? I don't know.

  15. #29
    Registered User sk8nchill53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    south bay, ca
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by nicopete View Post
    Yeah I know, they call it 230 here and even the brochure says 230... Why? I don't know.

    really?! thats so wierd! haha, i want my extra 6 hp then! haha

  16. #30
    Registered User JohnyRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    6

    Right on

    Quote Originally Posted by iDrove View Post
    I absolutely love my 08 WRX. I'm 23 and this is the first "real" car I've had. I'm in the USAF, and saved enough in my 35 months in Korea (1 to go) to buy my WRX for 24K cash out the door. Growing up with parents short on cash but high on debt, I never even rode in a new car. Now at 23, I walked ona dealership (after months of research) and walked away with my WRB '08 WRX. If the 2010 comes out and looks like a Lambo, has 1000 HP, and comes full of gold bars, I'm still 100% happy because at the time and the place, my car was the car for me. It still makes me smile every time I sit in the seat, see it, or even think of driving it. The '09 may be better in some ways, but there is no reason for '08 owners to feel "betrayed" or angry. If that's the case, you should never buy anything, because the next model will be better...
    I've owned some very cool cars including an M3 and a JCW Mini Cooper. I just bought a 2008 WRX exec demo last weekend (after weeks of research) and completely love it. this kid has the right attitude. there will always be a next year and something faster, but for the dollars spent, my WRX is a ball.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •