New Car New Forum

This is a discussion on New Car New Forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I am a new owner of a 2003 WRX. I used to drive a 2002 camaro SS, but ...

Smile New Car New Forum

Hello everyone, I am a new owner of a 2003 WRX. I used to drive a 2002 camaro SS, but after an incident with a big rig, a soft shoulder, and about 100ft of highway guard rail, my car was a total loss So now I bought this wrx and I love it!! It handles so well, and the turbo gives this car great power. It is a completely different driving experience from my camaro. I want to do some mods to the car but nothing too serious. After doing some research, I am going to go stage 2 with the AP, a catless uppie and a downpipe w/high flow cat. I want to keep the stock CBE cuz i don't want it to be that loud. My only concern is the car has approx. 120,000 miles. Would doing a stage 2 with this many miles prove detrimental in any way?

Well, it is nice to be here at this new forum and am very happy with the subaru

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

Any modification "could" prove detrimental in one way or another. However, I personally would not sweat it in the situation you've described. If the car is in good order, not abused and properly maintained then stage 2, in and of itself, is not going to kill it.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thank you for the welcome.

I just ordered my stage 2 this morning!!! I bought the cobb AP and an invidia dp with high flow cat. Hopefully they will arrive before friday so i can install them. My only dilemma is whether or not to use heat wrap on the dp, I have heard good and bad things about heat wrap so any input would be greatly appreciated.