nootosoob

This is a discussion on nootosoob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey new to the forum i'm in the Air Force stationed in Germany. I dont own a Subie yet but ...

nootosoob

hey new to the forum i'm in the Air Force stationed in Germany. I dont own a Subie yet but am researching big into it. i guess i am looking for a quick rundown on the best model,year,trim level. I have seen 3 basic models i think (Bugeye, Blobeye, and the new STi. just looking for some clarification as to what im looking at b/c i have been getting confused about the different models. I THINK what i like right now is the 2004 WRX STi which has the more elongated headlights. right? but as of right now that is what im looking into. but if anyone could steer me towards the "BEST" year/model i would appreciate it.
    as you can see i have 2 cars that when bought i had HUGE aspirations those dreams were soon smashed and i am tired of buying cars that have no GOOD aftermarket. I am looking for the STi that has the biggest market of aftermarket parts, all i know that i want is the APS D/R 725 or525 Front Mount Intercooler System

wow that became long.
    Thanks everyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

1) Personally, I would get the newest STi that you can afford. Up to and including the latest model.

2) There is plenty og aftermarket for all the USDM STi's. However, if your primary goal is making an aftermarket AWD monster (for not too much money) then you might also want look at some Mitsu EVOs.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

welcome abord bro. i personaly love my 05 sti. if you do a search u can find a post comparing the 04 to 05 sti's. the 02 - 03 are the bugeyes, 04 - 05 are the blobeyes and 06 - 07 are the hawkeye.

I Support ClubWRX
    btw OP, I guess you won't mind if we make your nickname "noob".
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

haha na i dont mind I am always new to something i jump around cars so much i am always a noob! haha i learn just enough to realize that i bought the wrong model of car and cant do everything that i planned and then im screwed. that is why im curious about the different models of the Impreza. i dont want to settle for a lower model and then realize that with the engine and tranny combo that i get that all the mods that i want arent made.
    right now i have a 94 Corrado that i had big plans on boosting until i found out that i cant import it. THAT WAS A DREAM SMASHER! thanks for the welcomes everyone i will look into the 05

i have seen many cars of all years that i like but its just a matter of what is best and whats is available

Quote Originally Posted by nootosoob View Post
    right now i have a 94 Corrado that i had big plans on boosting until i found out that i cant import it. THAT WAS A DREAM SMASHER!
    You can't import it? or just cost too much to make US legal? and thats a shame those are nice for a VW.. my good friend drives a '90 corrado G60 with a lysholm SC replacing the stock G60 ... fun little car to drive.

Anyhow welcome to the club.

Unless you make over a million dollars a year its just not cost worthy. I LOVE THE CAR don't get me wrong, but it is not on the DOT authorized import list. That means it has to be tested as if it were a new car just being designed. That means that I have to get a front and side crash test. I have to own 3 of the exact same corrado for the crash tests. Hard enough to find one let alone 3. Front side crash test is 40,000$ + cost for side impact (not sure on price of that lets go with 15,000) + the price for two throw away corrados (at LEAST another 4,000$ per car) = close to 80,000$ to import a car that is worth 4,000$ (not to mention it doesnt have a turbo, its not all wheel drive, and it has body roll like its mounted on marshmallows! which is weird considering it has new struts all around and is mounted on 205/40/17? haha) so after thinking for it for about 2 minutes and jumping on usmilitarymart.com and seeing a nice looking bugeye, i was thinking it is time for a new car!

wow sorry for the rant haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01390.jpg  

how did a car that was imported and sold in the US not get on the DOTs authorized import list lol.

I dont know? that is a good question im over it thought i went to the dealer across the street and looked at an 08 STi. wow are they incredible! The recaro seats dont only HOLD you but the suede actually velcros to your clothes making it rather difficult to get out haha it felt like i NEEDED one, it didnt feel like i could afford one @ 44,000 Euro!