new guy needing information

This is a discussion on new guy needing information within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey all im new to the wrx scene, im 18 and have had my fair share around cars, wrenched on ...

new guy needing information

hey all

im new to the wrx scene, im 18 and have had my fair share around cars, wrenched on friends hondas, my skyline, big block v8s. but never a boxer engine and i have zero information of my price range and choice
    im realy interested in the 92 ish generation of the wrx. i am looking for another car to dd while i build my skyline up, this probly wont happen to next spring since i am working on a student budget. i also want to gather lots of info before i get the car.

a few q's
    1. am i on the right forum? i dont not seee many threads about the 90ish wrx's are they just realy rare or what?
    2. are the older ones fairly reliable? i will be importing one from japan for sure.
    3. can you point me in a good dirrection to get tons of information? i suck at using google, and i hate buying a car without knowing anything about it. i only hung around GTRCanada for a few years until i finnaly saved up and got one lol.
    4. is there quite abit on after market support for this generation?
    5. which car would you reconmend, a evo 3 or a wrx of a simular year, i probly will get a biased answer lol.
    6. anything else i should know about?
    thanks for your time and help any tips are appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Skyline??? Pics??? lol.

Sorry I don't know much about about earlier gens...but I am sure someone on here does. Hope ya find everything you are looking for and welcome
    King Dustin
    Bugeye Mafia # 195
    Cobb Stage 2
    2002 PSM WRX

"
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back. "

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by love_boost View Post
    1. am i on the right forum? i dont not seee many threads about the 90ish wrx's are they just realy rare or what?
    2. are the older ones fairly reliable? i will be importing from japan for sure.
    3. can you point me in a good dirrection to get tons of information? i suck at using google, and i hate buying a car without knowing anything about it. i only hung around GTRCanada for a few years until i finnaly saved up and got one lol.
    4. is there quite abit on after market support for this generation?
    5. which car would you reconmend, a evo 3 or a wrx of a simular year, i probly will get a biased answer lol.
    6. anything else i should know about?
    thanks for your time and help any tips are appreciated!
    Where are you located?
    1) Most of the people on this forum are in the US. SInce the WRX wasn't available in the US until MY2002 there is not much info available on here about the previous models.
    2) 90s models of Subarus are reliable when properly maintained.
    3) I can not. I don't know any sites off hand specifically dedicated to 90s model WRX.
    4) Not in the US.
    5) Can't say.
    6) When looking for a used WRX you should try to find one that has not been heavily modified.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

i live in canada
    i got a few pics but im to lazy to white my license plate out

blitz nur spec muffler, 3" turbo back piping
    pod filter
    and turbo timer and thats it other than the konigs
    gotta love the 4by4 stance lol
    i realy need some nice adjustable suspension