Noob intro and questions

This is a discussion on Noob intro and questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up guys, I am new to the forum and to subarus I am very very experienced with hondas and ...

Noob intro and questions

Whats up guys,

I am new to the forum and to subarus I am very very experienced with hondas and multiple other vehicles but I picked up a 2005 outback sport for my daily driver. I am under the impression that the outback sport is basically a hatchback version of the 2005 2.5 rs correct?

I was wanting to make it look a little more sporty so I was wondering if the WRX hood would bolt on and fit like oem they look very similar can someone verify this for me?I wanted to do this and paint the multitone silver to a solid silver.

I want to improve the mileage of the car and was looking into intakes. I don't want a cold air intake because I don't want to remove the inner fender to change the filter but I would like a short ram intake that has the the shielding to isolate the filter from the heat from the rest of the engine bay can someone point me in the right direction?

I was also looking into exhausts I really just want one that flows better and is just slightly louder I know in hondas Apexi WS2 and greddy sp2 are nice and not too loud are these good brands for the subaru and will the 2.5 rs applications fit my outback sport?

I also wanted to make the car slightly lower maybe 1/2 inch drop to 1 inch drop any good suspension recomendations?

Thanks guys any info and direction would be great please don't flame. Thanks

Casey
    Last edited by gnar kill; 09-24-2008 at 08:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gnar kill View Post
    I was wanting to make it look a little more sporty so I was wondering if the WRX would bolt on and fit like oem
    I think the WRX would look odd bolted onto a Outback sport. I mean would you bolt the car upside down to the top?..

but in seriousness welcome to the club, and which part are you actually wondering about?

whoops...lol sorry my bad I meant to say "WRX hood" edit

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe the Outback is the Legacy chassis
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club Casey!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    I believe the Outback is the Legacy chassis
    The outback is. This is an outback sport. It looks just like a hatchback version of the 2.5 rs and is based on the imprezza chasis thank you though