idle problem and stalling, classic wrx import
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on idle problem and stalling, classic wrx import within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys i'm not really sure how ya use these forums so i'm struggling to find the information i need, ...

idle problem and stalling, classic wrx import

hey guys i'm not really sure how ya use these forums so i'm struggling to find the information i need, i've just swapped my vectra gsi for a classic wrx import and i must say i'm having a right giggle driving it!
    anyhoo my problem is that when it's cold it idles normally but has an intermittent miss and idles at 1500rpm no big surprise there, however when i'm up to normal temp it's running quite poor when i knock it out of gear when coming to a junction etc the idle drops really low down to like 500 but is really lumpy but will then jump back up to around 1000rpm it'll do this 3-4 times over about 5-8 seconds then settle at 1000rpm but it still has the intermittent miss. on occasion it'll also stall mainly while in traffic and moving a car length at a time. also when pulling away from stationary it's really jumpy until about 3000rpm. it also won't maintain speed i can't just drive along at a set speed as it'll kangaroo so i'm using loads of petrol for nothing.
    i've done usual stuff oil and filter change (i was a litre over filled when i got it) so now has 5litres 10w40 semi synth, i've replaced plugs with ngk platinum plugs as recomended i've also tried 2 different maf sensors but where both used parts so i'm going to try a brand new one next week. i've also tried adjusting the icv but no joy
    my problem is that being new to turbo's and of course flat 4's i don't know what to do next so any help would be great.
    what other sensors etc can cause this sort of problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Leak in the turbo inlet pipe (post MAF/pre-turbo),old O2 sensor,exhaust leak by O2 sensor.Maybe try cleaning the throttlebody and IAC valve real good with some throttlebody cleaner.Resistance check on the plug wires.Also fill out your profile completely.We have no idea where your from or what year/model car you even have.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

idle fixed now gearbox problems

i found the problem it was a cracked dump valve pipe and a leaky diaphram in the forge dump valve that was on the car when i got it. i've just fitted a samco turbo-intercooler pipe and a new piston dump valve and all is well.
    however the idle is fixed i'm having some problems with my gear box for some reason it is really short ratio and at 6000rpm in 5th i'm doing 100mph and thats all i've got so on twisty roads i'm constantly in 4th and fifth i dunno why it's so short but i have heard something about a high/low selector on some gear box's and was wondering if mine has been put to low and just needs changed back but i can't find anything regarding the selector on and forums. my other problem is that the previous owner got a re con box from eclipse performance at durham which apparently still has 10 month guarantee (and although i've spoken to them twice they keep telling me theperson who deals with the box's will ring me back but never does) is crunching 5th every change and at all engine speeds it is impossible to get 5th without crunching any idea guys i'm really gettin frustrated

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.