getting the groceries faster now
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on getting the groceries faster now within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just got my 1st taste of wrx ownership finding an old lady owner 02 auto a couple weeks back and ...

getting the groceries faster now

just got my 1st taste of wrx ownership finding an old lady owner 02 auto a couple weeks back and thought i'd check in with my story. now i know your thinking dude is a rube for buying the old lady owned it prior story, but hear me out. the car had just hit the lot and they had not detailed yet so i got in early to sniff around. as they are telling me an old lady had owned i notice a hairspray stain real low on the head rest just like my granny's couch were she sits when she watches her programs. the car fax said one owner car, owned locally. a couple of old lady scapes around the perimeter and a bubble-blind-spot mirror on the drivers door mirror got me to thinkin. so you are prolly saying that don't mean much but the clincher was there was an old lady music CD left in the changer i found a day or so back. it nearly put me to sleep a song in....

stock as a rock, 70K miles and very clean in a black that looks kinda blue (what is the name of this color if you might know?). i went auto because it seemed the best opportunity to find one unmolested and after driving one it would work just fine for my grocery getting around town commute car. i have a hard shifting, loud, track car to flog so the auto wrx suits my needs fine like.

so today i give it the once over, the 70K service. new mobil 1, air & oil filters, plugs and flushed the radiator. needed this board to get the skinny on the plug job, not too different than the 911 forum i frequent, you gotta know who to ask or where to look. will be doing a fuel filter next, then some diff and tranny fluids. any good threads on those jobs would be great to have posted here to get me headed in the right direction.

looking forward to getting to know my new to me wrx like i know my aircooled flat 6. i think this board might get me headed in the right direction in doing some minor mods and maintanence.

toby
    ktm dool-sport

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by flat6too View Post
    just got my 1st taste of wrx ownership finding an old lady owner 02 auto a couple weeks back and thought i'd check in with my story. now i know your thinking dude is a rube for buying the old lady owned it prior story, but hear me out. the car had just hit the lot and they had not detailed yet so i got in early to sniff around. as they are telling me an old lady had owned i notice a hairspray stain real low on the head rest just like my granny's couch were she sits when she watches her programs. the car fax said one owner car, owned locally. a couple of old lady scapes around the perimeter and a bubble-blind-spot mirror on the drivers door mirror got me to thinkin. so you are prolly saying that don't mean much but the clincher was there was an old lady music CD left in the changer i found a day or so back. it nearly put me to sleep a song in....

stock as a rock, 70K miles and very clean in a black that looks kinda blue (what is the name of this color if you might know?). i went auto because it seemed the best opportunity to find one unmolested and after driving one it would work just fine for my grocery getting around town commute car. i have a hard shifting, loud, track car to flog so the auto wrx suits my needs fine like.

so today i give it the once over, the 70K service. new mobil 1, air & oil filters, plugs and flushed the radiator. needed this board to get the skinny on the plug job, not too different than the 911 forum i frequent, you gotta know who to ask or where to look. will be doing a fuel filter next, then some diff and tranny fluids. any good threads on those jobs would be great to have posted here to get me headed in the right direction.

looking forward to getting to know my new to me wrx like i know my aircooled flat 6. i think this board might get me headed in the right direction in doing some minor mods and maintanence.

toby
    Welcome, links in sig for you.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Greetings and salutations!

Congrats on the purchase.
    "Eram Quod Es, Eris Quod Sum"
    LISC #144

- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (URABUS)
    - 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Sold)

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.