WRX vs STi: a Direct Owner's Comparison - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs STi: a Direct Owner's Comparison within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I agree, PegGrinder. It is a stronger base and better in many ways. So enjoy it but be careful! Too ...

I agree, PegGrinder. It is a stronger base and better in many ways. So enjoy it but be careful! Too many cops, thieves and *ssholes out there!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tag
    hey. congrats on ur purchase
    i to dream of owning an sti some day.
    have fun with ur new toy!
    -Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by PegGrinder33 View Post
    ...-Fuel Mileage: I'm pleasantly surprised here. I managed over 28 mpg on the highway on the way home and in my regular driving I'm getting the same as I did with my WRX. Unexpected but very welcome.
    Really? is this typical?

Congrats on the new car you should post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by puddle View Post
    Really? is this typical?

I can really only vouch for my own experiences, but I would say that from what I've read it's not uncommon. I was told to expect a drop of about 2-3 mpg moving from my WRX, assuming I drove it in a similar fashion. But I've gotten the same, and at times better, mileage with the STi. I think torque has a lot to do with it. I can putter around town in a higher gear because the powerband is wider. Otherwise I would check out the mileage threads on here and other Subie websites, there are no shortage of them.
    2005 WRB STi, protuned stage 2+

We live for fun, not forever

"Quantity has a quality all its own." –Josef Stalin

I am Jack's 300 turbocharged horses.

I just traded up to the STi about a month ago, i want in on this thread!
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

By all means man, share your thoughts. More info for prospective buyers. Thought of another con on the way home today. Rattles. My WRX was always solid and quiet, regardless of what many people say about it. My STi has several mysterious noises that I may or may not someday be able to discover and fix haha. Just keeps things interesting if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by PegGrinder33 View Post
    My STi has several mysterious noises that I may or may not someday be able to discover and fix haha. Just keeps things interesting if you ask me.
    haha yea other than the rear strut clunk i got this little rattle in the right front it only happens sometimes lol. congrats on the STi I just picked up mine not to long ago

INCREDIBLE WRITE-UP! i dont own an STi YET. but after your write-up, i know that i wont settle for anything less. now i just have to debate on the year. hahah you were extremely helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by nootosoob View Post
    INCREDIBLE WRITE-UP! i dont own an STi YET. but after your write-up, i know that i wont settle for anything less. now i just have to debate on the year. hahah you were extremely helpful!
    +1 me either but am looking, probaly an 05 for me
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

I love my modded WRX. It's unique (color-wise). It's faster than a stock STI. It handles better than a stock STI. It brakes nearly the same (after a bit of effort getting the install working right). And my audio/video/nav/bluetooth setup is killer. I'm keeping this car!

All that being said, though, I wish I had bit the $200/mo difference and got the STI...
    Last edited by Pavia; 09-27-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I appreciate all the replies you guys, I'm glad you guys have found it useful. That was the point, afterall. Pavia, what you've said echoes the sentiments of many, many people I've spoken to who bought a WRX and modded it. They love their car, but still wish they'd just taken the plunge for an STi. That's one of the reasons I just went for it. If cars are your passion, spend what you can afford to on them. That's just my opinion.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I love my modded WRX. It's unique (color-wise). It's faster than a stock STI. It handles better than a stock STI. It brakes nearly the same (after a bit of effort getting the install working right). And my audio/video/nav/bluetooth setup is killer. I'm keeping this car!

All that being said, though, I wish I had bit the $200/mo difference and got the STI...
    Just to be curious, have you ran it in the 1/4 after the mods?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Congrats on the sTi, and nice write up.....im 18 and just got a wrx....i absolutely love it because its the first car if drove that had a stick, let alone not being an SUV.....also, my car is unique, and i have yet to see a red wrx wagon on the road anywhere!.....while i am still getting used to driving a wrx, i can definitely see myself having an sTi in my 20's when i have the money....(also, i wouldnt wanna be that young kid who drives his daddys fast care around who barely knows how to drive a stick)
    Anyway, enjoy your ride, and ill be here learning what an engine is.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWRXwagoN View Post
    Congrats on the sTi, and nice write up.....im 18 and just got a wrx....i absolutely love it because its the first car if drove that had a stick, let alone not being an SUV.....also, my car is unique, and i have yet to see a red wrx wagon on the road anywhere!.....while i am still getting used to driving a wrx, i can definitely see myself having an sTi in my 20's when i have the money....(also, i wouldnt wanna be that young kid who drives his daddys fast care around who barely knows how to drive a stick)
    Anyway, enjoy your ride, and ill be here learning what an engine is.

Here's one on LI:

=D
    "Eram Quod Es, Eris Quod Sum"
    LISC #144

- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (URABUS)
    - 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Sold)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.