New to a WRX and ClubWRX!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to a WRX and ClubWRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just wanted to introduce myself since I just signed up yesterday here on the boards. I am a proud ...

Smile New to a WRX and ClubWRX!

I just wanted to introduce myself since I just signed up yesterday here on the boards. I am a proud owner of a blue 2005 WRX with the premium package! So far, I enjoy the car and I look forward to learning more on maintenance, upgrades and general help from this website.

I may be new to the WRX and this website, but I have been on another forum (clubRSX.com) for a couple of years in the past with my old car, my 2004 Acura RSX-S. So I know the routine! However, one thing I noticed while reading many posts on this site is that people talk a little differently. Perhaps it's just that things have progressed so far on the internet as far as language and style. Way more acronyms now and nicknames for everything!

LIFE STORY
    I wanted to buy a WRX about a month ago after I realized I really missed my Acura! I traded in the RSX-S almost two years ago so I could buy a Nissan truck. However, the no frills pickup truck gets a little old after awhile...so I set my sites on finding a WRX stock (or slightly modified in good ways) around the Chicagoland area. I saw several from private sellers and several from dealers. Besides the higher markup, the dealer-sold WRX's were much nicer, but upon checking the VIN with my local Subaru dealer, they all turned out to be maintenance duds. You could tell they were beaten! That was exactly what I didn't want. So I did a quick search on eBay. And there she was...a beautiful WRB 05 with ALL the trimmings! I mean, she was loaded...and an outstanding price! Besides the premium options (climate control, heated seats and mirrors, window wiper de-icer, sunroof, 6d CD), it came with an OEM boost gauge, OEM short throw shifter, upgraded alarm (which is in what way better?), tinted windows, armrest extension, MOMO knob, new tires, and a new clutch. VIN check turned up awesome results. The former owner took care of it. I didn't "buy it now" on eBay (scary), but I did call them up and slap $500 down over the phone. The following weekend, I drove 120 miles to see it. Bought it right there after a test drive! (BTW, I still own the truck).

Overall, I really like the car. With all the trimmings, the WRX has it all...not to mention power and smooth ride compared to my old Acura. Of course, if I were to buy the WRX new back in 2004 and 2005 like I did with my RSX-S, the premium package probably would have been out of my price range. But hands down, the WRX has the RSX beat in features, comfort, ride quality and available extras. Looks are complelely different, but the WRX is still sharp!

Anyway, I look forward to reading and contributing where I can. I pretty much want to keep my car stock for warranty reasons right now, but intend to go with new rims/tires, perhaps drop it an inch and get a CBE in the near future. Long term mods may be EM and a TBE. We'll see.

I included a pic of my car...the only pic I have...from when it was on the dealer's lot. I also included a shot of my old car. Enjoy!

Last edited by 2:43AM; 09-18-2008 at 06:06 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the Subaru community. If you have any questions they can all be answered on this forum by doing a search. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.

Greetings and salutations!
    "Eram Quod Es, Eris Quod Sum"
    LISC #144

- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (URABUS)
    - 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Sold)

Welcome,
    Nice upgrade from the Acura...!
    Whats your reason for getting a wrx and not a sti?
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    Welcome,
    Nice upgrade from the Acura...!
    Whats your reason for getting a wrx and not a sti?
    Good question. I went with the WRX instead of the STI because STI's in my area are still going for top dollar. I wanted to buy a nice, used car with excellent features and the ability to tune for a decent price. STI's are still in the range of $23-$28k for relatively low miles. I also have a 06 Nissan Frontier I'm still making payments on so keeping a 2nd car affordable was key. With insurance, the monthly payment for the WRX will still be less than the truck!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    cliff notes? haha

welcome

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    By the way, THIS LINK may help you with some of the acronyms you spoke of. Additionally, you may want to explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

congrats and welcome
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.