Hi...and I've got a curly question

This is a discussion on Hi...and I've got a curly question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I've been a bit of a lurker on this forum for a while picking up tips here and there ...

Hi...and I've got a curly question

Hi, I've been a bit of a lurker on this forum for a while picking up tips here and there but I'm now in need of a bit of help.

I've on my third Sti (Tommi Kiara V4 and V7 previously) and have finally just bought a version 10 STI. It's a great vehicle but I have a problem on a cold start up in the morning. Basically the car turns over perhaps 4 times ...makes all the noises like its going to start and then doesn't "catch". I turn the key again and it starts first time and is fine all day.

As it's still under a factory warranty I've had it into the car doctors and they've reset the ECU plus they kept it overnight with a fuel pressure guage attached to see if there was a problem there. At the end of the day, they kind of gave up and said that there wasn't a problem and this was normal for a version 10 because the crank spacing is a bit wider. They also mumbled something about the immobiliser being in the key and needing a bit more time for the engine to recognise the key and un-immobilise the car and release petrol to the engine.

I'd appreciate any feedback from version 10 owners who have a similar issue (or not) or any tips any of you may have as to how to rectify.

p.s. As this is my third Sti, I'm cool with how to start one and don't do anything silly like rev it on startup or hold my foot on the clutch.
    Cheers
    D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club! One post since February 2006? That has to be a record of some sort.

Sorry ... I have no feedback for you.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2 and a half years without posting... thats a long time lurking.. hmm wish I had something to say about the start up, but honestly no clue.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Making sure your getting fuel would have been my suggestion too...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome!

Making sure your getting fuel would have been my suggestion too...
    hmm is it still possible he wouldnt be getting fuel with the pressure registering normal (i'm assuming thats what the results of leaving that gauge on said)

welcome!

it def sounds like a fuel issue to me