Just saying hi.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

This is a discussion on Just saying hi. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New here! I don't have a Subaru, yet. That's actually why I'm here ;D I'm doing research on which WRX ...

  1. #1
    Registered User r6_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    20

    Just saying hi.

    New here! I don't have a Subaru, yet. That's actually why I'm here ;D
    I'm doing research on which WRX I want to buy. I do a lot of metal fabrication and robotics design, so I'll probably be looking for a couple people to help test a few gizmos custom made for these cars but that will be after i actually buy the car =)
    I will be buying used, probably between 2005 and 2007. If anyone has pointers for things to watch out for that would be appreciated, I'll probably post a new thread in the appropriate forum after doing some research.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    18,056
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  4. #3
    Registered User r6_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club!
    Thanks! This is an awesome site and there is so much good information here.

  5. #4
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,760
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the site. make sure you check out the stickies here:

    Car Purchasing Forum - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  6. #5
    Registered User r6_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome to the site. make sure you check out the stickies here:

    Car Purchasing Forum - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    Oh awesome! that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks girlie =)

  7. #6
    Registered User NjBuGeyEdWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beachwood NJ
    Posts
    1,340
    Welcome to the club!

    in my opinion you should get a 06-07 wrx

    good luck with the car search keep us posted on what you get!

  8. #7
    Registered User r6_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    Welcome to the club!

    in my opinion you should get a 06-07 wrx

    good luck with the car search keep us posted on what you get!
    Thanks for the welcome! From what I've been reading, that is the route I'm going to go. The larger engine in the 06+ helps with turbo lag and seemingly responds well to modifications. The suspension seems to be a little softer in these years but sway bars and body stiffening will help along with struts/springs. As much as I'd want to build another track car, I'm getting married and buying a house. A practical fun car to drive is what I'm looking for so a kidney-rattling suspension isn't needed (but still wanted =D )
    I hope with time I can contribute something to this forum. The community here is top notch and friendly, and a wealth of information is to be found here as well. Very glad to become a part of it =)

  9. #8
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,207
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  10. #9
    Registered User r6_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Hello and welcome to the club!
    Thanks for the welcome =)
    I found everything I needed to know in stickies. Heh, I suppose that's why they're there. =P
    Now that I'm armed with what I need to know for buying a WRX, I just need to stalk one out and go in for the kill.

  11. #10
    Registered User BoostAddiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    34
    Welcome aboard! We joined for the same reason pretty much. I don't have a Subie yet, but can't wait until i do!
    2005 Aspen White WRX Coming Soon

  12. #11
    Registered User NjBuGeyEdWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beachwood NJ
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by r6_cannibal View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! From what I've been reading, that is the route I'm going to go. The larger engine in the 06+ helps with turbo lag and seemingly responds well to modifications. The suspension seems to be a little softer in these years but sway bars and body stiffening will help along with struts/springs. As much as I'd want to build another track car, I'm getting married and buying a house. A practical fun car to drive is what I'm looking for so a kidney-rattling suspension isn't needed (but still wanted =D )
    I hope with time I can contribute something to this forum. The community here is top notch and friendly, and a wealth of information is to be found here as well. Very glad to become a part of it =)
    my friend had an 06 limited wrx suspension wasnt to bad but he put tein h-tech lowering springs on it gave it a soft ride. they do respond very well to mods you can go to a vf43 no problem only have to change the topmount but u already have the 2.5 and the injectors for it. deff go 06-07 models best choice

  13. #12
    Registered User r6_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostAddiction View Post
    Welcome aboard! We joined for the same reason pretty much. I don't have a Subie yet, but can't wait until i do!
    BoostAddiction: Woo! Brother in arms! Cool to see you stuck around, I plan to do the same. =D

    NjBuGeyEdWRX: I'm very much looking forward to the acquisition of this car. The mods will come slowly, but surely. Right now I need to sell off a couple of the toys in order to get myself in a good position to buy a house. My soon to be wife doesn't want to live in a warehouse, silly girl, so I have to get a real living space I guess
    Looking forward to tinkering with the turbo, never poked one of those before, up until this point everything I've owned has been N/A.
    Photography | Cryptography & Lock Breaching
    Rocket Surgery | Circuit Bending & Design
    Metal Fabrication | Screen Printing
    Closed Track (AMA and Open Days) | Support your local BarCamp!

  14. #13
    Registered User NjBuGeyEdWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beachwood NJ
    Posts
    1,340
    keep me posted and let me know how things go for you.hope you get the car and enjoy it (i know you will). if you have any questions feel free to ask ive done many mods on the 06-07.

    Good Luck

  15. #14
    Registered User r6_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    keep me posted and let me know how things go for you.hope you get the car and enjoy it (i know you will). if you have any questions feel free to ask ive done many mods on the 06-07.

    Good Luck
    Awesome, thanks! I'm sure I'll be bugging you in the future =D
    Photography | Cryptography & Lock Breaching
    Rocket Surgery | Circuit Bending & Design
    Metal Fabrication | Screen Printing
    Closed Track (AMA and Open Days) | Support your local BarCamp!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •