2009 Subaru WRX!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2009 Subaru WRX!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, Im new to the forums and new to the wrx model. I actually was looking for a 2006 ...

2009 Subaru WRX!!!

Hello all,

Im new to the forums and new to the wrx model. I actually was looking for a 2006 - 2007 wagon but had no luck finding a car. I then decided to look at the 2008 wrx but was sumwhat dissapointed. I was reading through the forum and stumbled across the mention of the 2009 wrx and was instantly sold. I went down to my local dealership and spoke to the sales manager about the release of the 2009. I have 9 days until my new wrx arrives!!! They already ran my credit and approved me for the loan... I can hardly wait until the car gets here.

Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

I would dtill want to test drive before I signed anything. That said though... Congratulations!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

^^

What he said. Drive it before you buy it.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

I will be testing the car before I purchase fo sho!!!

I too test drove the 08 Rex and was disappointed, especially with its huge turbo lag. I am enamored with its hatchback flexibility and roomy interior though. At only $25K I think its a bargain too!

My dealer told me it would be at least until mid Sept. until he receives any 09s. What are other members hearing about the arrival date of the 09s?

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    evidently a few 09's have trickled into some of the Canadian dealerships, I've heard of none in the US as of yet. My dealer says late Sept- early Oct- I'm hoping it's sooner than later as I have one on order as well

I test drove a couple of 08's- no lag for me- 2.5 liters + a TD04 = not much lag The car was "soft" though- too soft IMO, that should be improved w/ the new model w/ higher spring rates, firmer damping and larger sway bars.

The new 09 will be using basically the 08 STi turbo (enveloped in a new housing) so it will definitely be a little laggier than the 08- my hope is that it hits the same torque levels as the 08 in the lower portion of the band while exceeding those levels in the mid range. They haven't released any dyno plots that I've seen so no one knows (outside of certain employers of FHI ) for sure what it will look like.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Yes the 2009 is a very attractive car. Congrats on the order.

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Outback Guy View Post
    ...I too test drove the 08 Rex and was disappointed, especially with its huge turbo lag...
    Huh,
    which 08 were you test driving???

-Riz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    evidently a few 09's have trickled into some of the Canadian dealerships, I've heard of none in the US as of yet. My dealer says late Sept- early Oct- I'm hoping it's sooner than later as I have one on order as well

I test drove a couple of 08's- no lag for me- 2.5 liters + a TD04 = not much lag The car was "soft" though- too soft IMO, that should be improved w/ the new model w/ higher spring rates, firmer damping and larger sway bars.

The new 09 will be using basically the 08 STi turbo (enveloped in a new housing) so it will definitely be a little laggier than the 08- my hope is that it hits the same torque levels as the 08 in the lower portion of the band while exceeding those levels in the mid range. They haven't released any dyno plots that I've seen so no one knows (outside of certain employers of FHI ) for sure what it will look like.
    Nice! You ordered one huh? Hatch? From my test drive on the track with 09 WRX, power delivery is smooth it feels linear practically all the way to redline. I landed on a wrong gear on a slow turn (on 3rd when it should be on 2nd) being it was my first time on a race track, but it still managed to pull out. Passing on a highway will be fairly easy out the box. You'll probably miss the burstful acceleration of the previous WRX though. I did.

Keep us posted!

sky96744...

Congrats on your 09 WRX! I hope everything will go smooth on your transaction with your dealership. And WELCOME!!
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 09-11-2008 at 09:49 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah - white and a hatch- some things don't change

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    yeah - white and a hatch- some things don't change
    its not really white its "satin white"
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    oooooohh- satin............

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    its not really white its "satin white"
    Yup! Under the sun, you'll see the hint of satin.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ now that is a hot looking car

Oh yea... I thought I was gonna miss the bulging fenders... but after seeing it in person, somehow it works well without 'em.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast