Looking to buy a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking to buy a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, names Danny, 17 years old from new jersey. I have a 98 mustang (sixbanger) and I'm looking for a ...

Looking to buy a WRX

Hey, names Danny, 17 years old from new jersey. I have a 98 mustang (sixbanger) and I'm looking for a wrx. Problem is I'm not aware of how many miles is too many for a wrx. I've found a few in the $9,000 range but with 130,000+ miles on them.

I found one for 7k with 163,000 on it. Is that too many? Is it even worth it?
    Last edited by neris; 08-30-2008 at 09:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    you should be able to get one with about 90,000 miles for about $9,000..

In February I bought a stage 4 wrx for $11,600 and the motor had around 6,000 miles on it. That's a car with about $7,000 worth of upgrades.

would buying the one with 163,000 on it be worth it?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It depends on what you're looking for and what condition it is in.

What year model is it? It it unmodded? Responsible owner?

Any car with that many miles on it is going to have maintenance issues. But that's not saying that it is a bad car. However you should be able to find one with ~100,000 miles for about $7k.

Only mod appears to be an exhaust, and it was adult driven. He now wants 8 for it, says there were quite a few offers for it.

I haven't found anything under 9 in my area.

do some real hard looking....ebay/craigslist....and expand your search a little bit you will find tons more cars....ive seen some seriously hoped up WRX's out there for like 10 or 11K......ive even seen some WRX wagons with like 110,000 on them for like 6k......if you do buy a high mileage car just make sure important maintaince items were done to it....ie...timing belt...have the head gaskets ever been done? also if it is high mileage check for torque bind......go to an open parking lot and get it warmed up and do a series of figure 8's and make sure there is no binding.....Subarus are wonderful cars and if properly maintained you can prob. get 300k out of one...(my legacy is about to hit 196,000 on original engine)...good luck!

^^ thanks for the advice. :]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.