First Scoobie - 2008 WRX Sedan - 5 speed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First Scoobie - 2008 WRX Sedan - 5 speed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We just traded in our 2004 TSX 6 speed for a 2008 WRX Sedan 5 speed. We will be doing ...

First Scoobie - 2008 WRX Sedan - 5 speed

We just traded in our 2004 TSX 6 speed for a 2008 WRX Sedan 5 speed. We will be doing some light modifications to the car and she will be learning how to drive it at some DEs while I toy around with it at some track days while instructing.

Since the 2008 doesn't have the raw appeal as the previous WRX I've read a lot of reviews calling it a Camry which is quite unfair as after test driving the WRX we bought it handles and gets traction out of corners like few cars.

We may upgrade some items such as HID low beams and some minor power modifications (intake / downpipe / exhaust). We ordered it with the STi shifter, fog lights, conv package, and some smaller items. I'm expecting it to be a good and fun to drive car. We also will be putting on a roof rack and roof box for some more storage room for road trips (wife, kid and dog).

I'm hoping this board is well informative and for the serious WRX owner. Can't wait to meet some KC WRX peeps too.

I do have one question - with the 2008 so new...what is currently available for these cars?

tia
    #74 944 Spec
    2008 WRX (wife's car)
    1989 Honda Civic HB (daily driver)
    2008 1500 Silverado (tow vehicle)

Audi Club NA & PCA Instructor

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Should have waited for the 2009 to come out next month.

As far as mods, i know SPT now has an exhaust for it and if i heard correctly Cobb now has an accessport for the 08's as well.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

yes congratulations to you. I too have purchased an 08 WRX and do not regret it one bit. I was a little upset that the 09's are much better equipped but you know what, everything they changed for 09 (stiffer roll bars, revised timing/ecu... etc etc) i am replacing on my 08 anyway so it doesn't really matter. have fun!

I have an 08 an dI have had it for a while now and I love it. I have a SPT cat back exhaust, Cobb Access port with perrin stage 1, and a k&n drop in filter. I bought it with the STI short throw shifter. You will enjoy your car very much. I do suggest doing some suspension tweaks because there is alot of body roll as you will find out. That is my next adventure I think. Mainly congrats and enjoy.
    2008 DGM Sedan WRX - Sold as of 1/13/09

2006 CGM WRX - Stage 2 as of 1/24/09

I knew about the 09's getting more power / performance. However, with the 2008s, the neat thing is there was a $249 mo lease special til Sep 2 - on the 2009s you won't get that kind of deal and they will cost more to buy.
    Last edited by jaje; 08-28-2008 at 09:17 PM.
    #74 944 Spec
    2008 WRX (wife's car)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffman127 View Post
    I have an 08 an dI have had it for a while now and I love it. I have a SPT cat back exhaust, Cobb Access port with perrin stage 1, and a k&n drop in filter. I bought it with the STI short throw shifter. You will enjoy your car very much. I do suggest doing some suspension tweaks because there is alot of body roll as you will find out. That is my next adventure I think. Mainly congrats and enjoy.
    I'm slowly learning more about the modifications we can do - I want it reliable but give it a little more power. I've been reading about the Cobb AP and to run the Perrin map and to swap out the downpipe and catback exhaust for better flow...I also read that modifying the intake or changing BOV are wastes of money.

It's been a while since I played with a turbo'd car since I had a Protege5 with intercooled t3 super 60 turbo - but we had to run a piggyback then a standalone for more boost.
    #74 944 Spec
    2008 WRX (wife's car)

I would say to go with the accessport. It is super easy to do. Takes five minutes and instantly you will see gain.
    2008 DGM Sedan WRX - Sold as of 1/13/09

2006 CGM WRX - Stage 2 as of 1/24/09

I would also try this forum...
    3GWRX.com, 08 WRX & 08 Impreza Forum
    just for the '08s and now '09s
    specific model year info.
    Greg
    '08 Black WRX 5 Door
    SPT CBE, GrillCraft lower grill, tint, STI Pink Springs waiting install.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
    I would also try this forum...
    3GWRX.com, 08 WRX & 08 Impreza Forum
    just for the '08s and now '09s
    specific model year info.
    I discovered that site just after posting this. Thanks for the heads up.
    #74 944 Spec
    2008 WRX (wife's car)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.