Looking to buy an STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking to buy an STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I own a 03 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V, I'm looking to trade it in for an 04 STi. The car ...

Looking to buy an STi

I own a 03 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V, I'm looking to trade it in for an 04 STi.

The car is tagged because it has been i an accednt. Someone stole it and basicly side aggainst a gaurd rail. The whole car has been re-painted, you can see in the door wells where the coat stops...not to happy but it looks good overall on the out side from a glance.

I'm not to sure how much the car has been taken care of I think the son basicly drove it a lot because it has and exhaust and AEM CAI.

It only has like 60k and its going for 20,995.00

I was just wonder what I should look out for and what I should look for.

I really want this car because I rather spend my money on a STi and basicly leave it stock then put a bunch of money in my Spec-V to fix the pre-cat failure and give it more power and better handling

I would like to circit it, I was gonna do that with my spec but I really dont even want to put a turbo in it, I know its not work it I dont think the spec will last.

So I'm a newbie and havent done any research yet, so anything I should know will help.
    Last edited by DirtySTi; 08-29-2008 at 09:46 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'd stay away from that car....sounds like a headache. Better cars and deals can be found

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

I would be very leary of the one you described. Be careful not to succumb to the fever and go for a bad deal.

You should definitely explore, bookmark and thoroughly read through the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd look around for another deal man, sounds fishy to me...

WELCOME to the Club!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

+1 on what everybody has and probably will say about the car you're looking at. Odds are, that car hit a guard rail, because the driver was beating the dikens out of it.

If you're looking to get an STI or WRX, be patient. It often takes some time to pick up the right car.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Stay a long long away from that STi. $21K for an STi that has been wrecked... no way!
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

I live in Ontario Canada, so the priceing is a little diff. But here in Ontario most under aged kids (legal drinking age is 19) go to montreal to drink cause its even lower thier. The son took the subaru thier and I'm guessing he was drunk and smashed it and tryed to say it got stolen. But I have to asked the dealer if the ignition was ripped out or anthing.

I seen the car before they got to clean it and i looks like he had a dog...

They also have another STi same year and color but its 25g's.

So I dont think this one that was damaged will be sold anytime to soon.

Since it is a marked car it will deff never appricate it will only totaly depreciate. The dealer keeeps telling my subies retain value but this one can't now.

I really want a subaru and I'm gonna try to really knock the price down. I'm gonna try for 14. But I dont know...I really want a subie but I dont wanna go into dept to buy one.

I'm gonna write out a list of questions that I want to ask the owner and see if he'll talk to me about the car.

I want it but if I dont get a super good deal then eh I'll have to fix all the noises my Spec is making and leave it pretty stock beat it and save up of my Dream STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySTi
    I want it but if I dont get a super good deal then eh I'll have to fix all the noises my Spec is making and leave it pretty stock beat it and save up of my Dream STi
    This is your best option.

If the STi is your "dream car", then you should find the right one instead of buying "someone else's problem"
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    This is your best option.

If the STi is your "dream car", then you should find the right one instead of buying "someone else's problem"
    Well said lol.

I'm reading this thread its has some really good facts:
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

But I dont know a whole lot about turbos and Sti's in particular, I'm have very basic knowledge of how a car works, But I can drive them well lol

What recalls should I be looking for on an 04
    Is there a link?
    Last edited by DirtySTi; 08-29-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ05 View Post
    Stay a long long away from that STi. $21K for an STi that has been wrecked... no way!
    +1..As you can see from my threat above this one that I bought my '04 STI 2 weeks ago in MINT condition for $22K, DO NOT BUY THAT WRECKED STI!!!!
    '04 WRX STI
    '02 Acura TL Type-S (sold)
    '95 Civic EX turbo (sold)

They have another one same year it has been modded but turned back to stock. It has over 100,000 klm and its 25,000.

You could get it for less than what they asking. What mods did it have before? It's still the same scenerio that goes along with buying a modded one. Though it has been turned back to stock.. what damage if any did the mods do? Before buying, if this is what you decide to do, find out what mods the car had, and who did them i.e. owner, shop, and if it was properly tuned to support the mods especially major ones. Good luck
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

They first one (the damaged one) it also has these two switches on it. I was looking for the hood lach under the steering wheel and I pulled out a wire. I'm getting the dealership to find out what has been done to the car.

I'm guess it would be fuel maps. The box was in the back but I forgot the company on it.

I think the other one is just a little out of my price range even if I get it down. I'm hoping to get this one to around 17. and I want no less then 7 for my Spec.

If it doesnt work out then fine I guess. It will prob be for the best...

They first one (the damaged one) it also has these two switches on it. I was looking for the hood lach under the steering wheel and I pulled out a wire. I'm getting the dealership to find out what has been done to the car.
    I'm guess it would be fuel maps. The box was in the back but I forgot the company on it.

I think the other one is just a little out of my price range even if I get it down. I'm hoping to get this one to around 17. and I want no less then 7 for my Spec.

If it doesnt work out then fine I guess. It will prob be for the best...

Subaur's basicly last forever as long as you maintain it properly right. I seen so many today new ones old ones all just mocking me lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.