just bought a 05 wrx

This is a discussion on just bought a 05 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi i just bought a 2005 wrx i was wondering what a good after market turbo i could start out ...

just bought a 05 wrx

hi i just bought a 2005 wrx i was wondering what a good after market turbo i could start out with without seriously damageing anything i was thinking a 16g

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by turbomanej20 View Post
    hi i just bought a 2005 wrx i was wondering what a good after market turbo i could start out with without seriously damageing anything i was thinking a 16g
    a 16g is a great match for the 2.0 cars like yours. they have a lot of potential and are a definite upgrade!

-> on a side note....make sure you get some em before doing anything like that. enjoy!
    '04 Aspen White STi

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey555 View Post
    a 16g is a great match for the 2.0 cars like yours. they have a lot of potential and are a definite upgrade!
    -> on a side note....make sure you get some em before doing anything like that. enjoy!
    +1.
    Be aware that you will also need larger injectors, larger intercooler, a catless UP, & TBE to go along with the aforementioned turbo & EM. That all goes w/o saying that you'll need to take it easy on your tranny.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by turbomanej20 View Post
    16g is good i have one......it has a lot of power, spools up in the high rpms.........you need a lot of work done first before you get it though........also as mentioned below me, you need to watch out for your tranny......as a first mod you should go with a turbo back exhaust and some Engine Management.....don't change your turbo without the supporting mods or you will damage something