blow off valve?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on blow off valve? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought an 06 sti and i want to put a blow off valveon an hks ss but i ...

blow off valve?

I just bought an 06 sti and i want to put a blow off valveon an hks ss but i have heard bad things on putting blow off valves on the subbies. please advise on if i should put one on

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    +1.

Welcome to the club. Please use the search function. A lot of your questions have already been covered. Read the stickies as they are very useful. Enjoy!
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

i dont mind answering. Stock=NO. Your STi is tuned to a recirculating valve, meaning the unused air is recirculated back into the intake tract, and the ecu takes a reading on that air...therefore increasing the amount of fuel being dumped by your injectors to compensate for the amount of air. If you put a Blow off valve on a stock Subie, the bov is releasing this unused air into the atmosphere, while your ecu is still dumping out the extra fuel via the extra air. Basically your engine then dumps more fuel than needed, making your car run Rich. Running Rich will waste fuel, make your engine sluggish and in the long run leave residue on valves, sparkplugs etc. reducing effectivness and might lead to repairs.

You can put a bov if you get your ecu tuned to properly run it.
    Last edited by Black X Dahlia; 08-26-2008 at 11:39 PM.
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.