Hey new to the site and need a little help!!

This is a discussion on Hey new to the site and need a little help!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 2003 wrx with a small problem. I have a boost gauge and for some reason it will ...

Cool Hey new to the site and need a little help!!

I have a 2003 wrx with a small problem. I have a boost gauge and for some reason it will not go over 0psi??? I had the set up of boost controller, boost gauge, BOV for about 3yrs now and never had this problem. I did check everything even the vac lines and all my hoeses!!!! Don't know what it is although Im suspecting that it could be my wastegage??? Any help would be appriciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TOURISMO83 View Post
    I have a 2003 wrx with a small problem. I have a boost gauge and for some reason it will not go over 0psi??? I had the set up of boost controller, boost gauge, BOV for about 3yrs now and never had this problem. I did check everything even the vac lines and all my hoeses!!!! Don't know what it is although Im suspecting that it could be my wastegage??? Any help would be appriciated
    what kind of controller? and please tell me you have Engine Management of some kind.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    not sure engine management will do any good here, since the OP is over-riding that with the boost controller.

OP - Do you feel the car still pulling? ie, is the boost gauge broken or is there really no boost?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It should be pretty easy to tell if it's the gauge, or the car. Like mj said, if the car still feels the same then the gauge is more than likely broke. If the car has lost all power, then you've got bigger problems.

If your gauge is still showing vacuum, and just sticks at 0psi, then it's a problem with the gauge itself and not the lines.

Banned
    yeah you should easily be able to tell where the problem lies, I want to lean towards the fact that the boost gauge is accurate, since he would have known the gauge is broken just by opening up the throttle and feeling the pull.