considering an 09 wrx

This is a discussion on considering an 09 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ordered an 09 GTI from the local VW dealership... its basically loaded but it won't arrive till november. But ...

considering an 09 wrx

I ordered an 09 GTI from the local VW dealership... its basically loaded but it won't arrive till november. But just last week I learned about the new 09 WRX arriving in the next few months.

So I'm seriously considering abandoning the GTI in favor of an 09 WRX assuming one arrives on the dealership lots in Sept./Oct. and has the options I want (sunroof, GPS/NAV).

Curious though, are the STI wheels available for the wrx? In other words, is it an option/package and can I add those wheels as part of the vehicle finance?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sup man...

I'll be honest in here. I originally was saving up for the 09 Lancer Ralliart. At the time it was the better choice cheap, powerful, and reviewed to be incredibly fun. This was back in the earlier part of the year before Subaru listened to the please of the fanbase. and before Mitsubishi released pricing on there Ralliart.

Needless to say the new 09 WRX will be cheaper, more powerful, and hopefully more fun then its anemic 08 model. (I give the 08 still its due with its ability to hang with MS3s Cobalt SS and Calibur SRT4s)

So I've joined here to learn as much as I can about the WRX. My plans are simple really. There are a lot or radical WRXs out there so I'm going to go a simple grass roots approach conservative not insane power with focus more on the package as a whole.

Cool, yeah the 09 wrx sounds like a perfect choice especially if I want to get into autocrossing, which I do. Haven't done that before though.

Yeah my current vehicle is a Sentra SER...its taught me a lot but i'm looking now for a car that I can grow with and one that will foster and bring out new abilities...I autocrossed for about....3 or 4 months before I came to a decision that it would be money better spent buying tires for a car worth having the better wheels for it.

Go for the WRX. There is no package deal for the WRX where you can get the BBS from the STI or even the stock STI' wheels (i personally like those better than the BBS ones). Perhaps you can work a deal with dealership and see what they can do. But as far as a package /option deal there isn't one.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Thats cool I actually don't like the BBS Wheels that come with the STi...Now this maybe sacriligious but the BBS wheels on the Evo X MR are hot!