New WRX owner as of last night - go me!

This is a discussion on New WRX owner as of last night - go me! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a used '08 WRX w/ just 4000 miles on it. Nearly new looking except for a couple little ...

New WRX owner as of last night - go me!

Just bought a used '08 WRX w/ just 4000 miles on it. Nearly new looking except for a couple little scratches, and a few bottoming out rubs on the front lip.

Can't want to break it in myself.

Any tips I should know about this car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WrxInEffx View Post
    Just bought a used '08 WRX w/ just 4000 miles on it. Nearly new looking except for a couple little scratches, and a few bottoming out rubs on the front lip.

It's ugly......haha......I kid, I kid. Only 4k miles on it and it is scratched up and has bottom-out rubs on it? Dang, looks like someone already broke it in for you. Welcome to the club. You got the sedan or hatchback? What color?
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome to the club!

At 4000 miles it is broken in. Tips? Much to read and learn here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Heh - it's not THAT ugly.

I got the hatchback with premium package in Dark Gray Metallic. Bought it used from the dealership for just under $20k. I figured the few little scratches and bottom out are worth the $8k difference in price

sounds like a steal to me. welcome friend, i am pretty new here myself, but just from a few threads, if you have any questions this is where to come, some one here has been through everything, and everyone is good for bull ****ting, and serious talk.
    so welcome
    04' WRB wagon stage 2
    wagon Mafia #1 Where my wagons at?

Yeah - I've been reading plenty of threads just to bone up on the WRX experience.

Not looking to do anything to the car just yet in terms of modding it, but it's cool to see what everyone else has done.

I did hear it was pretty easy to chip up the '08 - true?

I did hear it was pretty easy to chip up the '08 - true?
    Just as easy as every other year I think.

I know you aren't looking to do too much modding but SPT is selling their catback exhaust for $333. It's pretty much a steal at that price so I'd look into ordering that from your dealer's parts department. The sound these cars make with a bigger exhaust is beautiful.

Congrats on the car btw and we always like to see pics.

G&C
    Congrats, man.

I'll try and get some pics up this weekend... but it is just a stock car, so you're not going to see much

The SPT catback does sound like a good deal. Anyone have it and can tell me how it changes the sound? Is it much deeper sounding?

Also, any known performance boost from it?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you'll never see any "real" gains from a CBE. just a noisemaker.

if you want power, get a full turboback exhaust (cbe + downpipe) and flash to stage2 with the cobb accessport or get an opensouce tune.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I was just on Cobb looking at their 08 WRX AccessPORT. It looks like I can just Flash Stage 1 and Flash back if I have to. Would Subaru know and be able to void warranty?

The car is nearly new and I don't want to start voiding warranties @ 4k miles.

If your going to get an a/p get it from perrin. Their stage one owns cobb.. I love the stage one that perrin has. I put it on shortly after my break in period and haven't had any problems with it.

As far as cat back only being a noise maker.. I got closer to my target boost with a cat back system on then without it. I didn't do a dyno to find out for 100% but I would say it has to help.

I'm very pleased with the 08. I would recommend some new tires and suspension stuff before anything though. Lots of body roll. More than anything just enjoy your new car. Congrats man.
    2008 DGM Sedan WRX - Sold as of 1/13/09

2006 CGM WRX - Stage 2 as of 1/24/09