stock 04 wrx sound

This is a discussion on stock 04 wrx sound within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This might be a stupid question, but I'm curious. I have a stock 04 wrx and I find that, at ...

stock 04 wrx sound

This might be a stupid question, but I'm curious. I have a stock 04 wrx and I find that, at idle, it's noticeably louder than other car. I just got this car a month ago and I've never had a subaru before, so I'm just wondering if this is a characteristic of wrx's. I've seen 08's at idle and its very quiet. I really doesn't bother me at all, in fact I like hearing that rumble, and it drives perfect. I don't see many stock wrx's around to compare, so can someone tell me if this is normal? or am I missing a cat or something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobed View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but I'm curious. I have a stock 04 wrx and I find that, at idle, it's noticeably louder than other car. I just got this car a month ago and I've never had a subaru before, so I'm just wondering if this is a characteristic of wrx's. I've seen 08's at idle and its very quiet. I really doesn't bother me at all, in fact I like hearing that rumble, and it drives perfect. I don't see many stock wrx's around to compare, so can someone tell me if this is normal? or am I missing a cat or something?
    Are your RPM's higher than +/- 800 ?

Or do you mean the tick ?

Most likely normal. EJ series boxer engines are definitely one of the loudest 4cyl engines out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
    Are your RPM's higher than +/- 800 ?

Or do you mean the tick ?
    The RPM's are normal, unless it is a cold start then it's above 1000 and drops down after a while. And there is no ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    Most likely normal. EJ series boxer engines are definitely one of the loudest 4cyl engines out there.
    Which models have the EJ boxers?

Which models have the EJ boxers?

Subaru EJ engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

all of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.